Fitment question

novaman64

Reaction
What did you do to upgrade your brakes to compensate for all the impact of the larger wheels and tires?

Bigger boots? ;)
Way bigger boots, plus a heel. :) Who uses brakes?

But I mean, if someone was towing 20k lbs, SS lines, upgraded calipers, sintered pads and upgraded rotors might be a start.

5280Ranger

Reaction
My son has a 1988 Ranger that has been in the family since new. We put axles from a '79 Bronco under it, custom fabbed all the bracketry. He also has a '96 Trans Am WS6 that he daily drives and drag races. We rebuilt the crappy 4l60e and is currently getting gears in the rear. He honestly drives one of my trucks most of the time because his vehicles are always being modded, repaired. I wouldn't change a thing. I could have bought him a newer suv like I did for my daughter but what's the fun in that when he wants to fab, mod, wrench on his cars. He tig welds, fabs etc. It's a desire thing. Kid if you have the means, and maybe if your parents have another source of transportation that you can use when your junk is broke, and yes it will be broke if that's your mindset, then follow your passions. My son would be miserable in a prius, and so would I. Be smart, spend your money wisely and try, just try to be realistic about your projects. Most importantly have fun and learn. You'll be old one day and you'll never say "damn that Prius was the soundest investment I ever made".

Reaction
you'll never say "damn that Prius was the soundest investment I ever made".
Depreciating assets, like most vehicles, are never an investment, and financing the same, rarely sound.

jon coleman

Reaction
yes you youngsters, be wise& prudent in your savings and investments, because golf is expensive when you retire

Reaction
That's not the definition of a depreciating asset, it's the opposite. Good show, that will continue to gain value while you enjoy it. Beats railroad stocks. :)

Josh 8

Reaction
Or any national sized trucking companies. Either ftl or ltl. There all terrible investments.