Fixture Table!!!!!!!!

empire_637

Reaction
I opened this new thread so everyone could post there fixture/jig tables. Here is mine i just bought this one today, Im going to use this one for a arms.......I still need to build legs for it and buy some adjustable feet for this beast.

Attachments

dzracer

Reaction
Im looking into building one myself. How much did it cost you to get the top ground?

empire_637

Reaction
I bought the plate already Blanchard grinded. I bought it at Industrial metal supply. But if you want to get something grounded call Steel Services in L.A they are good and pretty good pricing im about to get a larger plate grinded on and they gave me a real good quote.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Now do yourself a favor and go get some holes cut into it !

tmorgan4

Reaction
The quote I got for a 24"x24" cast aluminum plate 1" thick with 3/8-16 holes drilled and tapped every inch was $688. This is from a shop that does some incredibly nice work.

tmorgan4

Reaction
The shop's name is Assem-Tech. I'm not affiliated with them, but I just had them make a few parts for me and they did some incredibly nice work. I found them off MFG.com.

I've got the quote in an email so I'd be happy to forward it to anyone else interested. The guy to talk to is John Gross. If you would like to get in contact with the guy in charge of quoting here's his info:

John Gross
616-745-3476
jandsgross@comcast.net

Once again, I'm not affiliated with them. Just a very satisfied customer. It sounds like times are tough out there and I'd like to give some people that do extremely good work some credit.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
$688 isn't very bad at all. . .espcially consideriing it already has the holes drilled and tapped!!! I need to find a big table and a small table top locally myself. . .small one for suspension and the big one for the buggy. . .

. . .Anyone know of a good, but not break the bank source in Washington State???

There's a metal yard nearby, but I kinda doubt they have blanchard ground stuff or do blanchard grinding themselves. . .would be very surprised in fact!

asallenbach

Reaction
$688 isn't very bad at all. . .espcially consideriing it already has the holes drilled and tapped!!! I need to find a big table and a small table top locally myself. . .small one for suspension and the big one for the buggy. . .

. . .Anyone know of a good, but not break the bank source in Washington State???

There's a metal yard nearby, but I kinda doubt they have blanchard ground stuff or do blanchard grinding themselves. . .would be very surprised in fact!
Try Ryherson up in washington.

ErikShallbetter

Reaction
Here is one of our fixtures. It is a series of interlocking plate work that can be dissassembled inside a completed frame, removed, and reassembled to hold the critical tubing in the chassis.

Attachments

garage_runner81

Reaction
also... fixtures holding pieces, do they need to be cast alum too or hardened? or would 6series be good enough?

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Ive got pictures of mine in the other jig table thread, but if anyone is looking to make their own give me a call or pm me. The guy who I got my plate from has more plate available pre gound Alcoa Mic 6 Alum 1.5" thick plate. He is selling it at roughly half of what it goes for new per pound, But it is new. Im not advertising, just trying to help anyone out on a good deal. Ive already sold one to a guy on here. Just another option for you guys.

SteveinAZ

Reaction
Brian, what is the size of the plate(s) for sale by your friend? I saw 1-1/2" thick, but not width & length...I looked on the other thread and did not see it, but maybe I missed it. I wouldn't mind having a fixture plate or two...if they are quite a bargain I may want extras for pallets in my machining center.

Thanks, Steve

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I would love to get on a good deal on a plate for a fixture table, but I think that the cost of getting it from CA to WA would probably end up making it more expensive than me just trying to find something up here!!!

Too bad. . .