flip shackle

singlehanded

Reaction
I was wondering if flipping the shackle on the leaf springs on a ranger will help travel/performance? Reason being I did this a long time ago deaver spring pack 1 1/2 -2 lift 18" travel camburg shackle and flipped it. It sits really low in the back and my cage isnt done yet or my 2 1/2 king bypasses are not on. I assume about another 1/2" of lift after thats all done. But it will still be low, should I flipp it back over to how it was? I am having problems with my ride height in front my coilovers as low as they will go rides awsome and no problems until this month when I think at buemont I drooped my suspension out so bad that there was no pressure on the coils at full droop and one coil popped off the bottom coilover Kit thing. So I got it back on right at home an raised the ride height about 2" but now on the street my front lifts up all crazy when I taake off and its all sqirrelly around turns. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?????

p.s there is a picture on united prerunners page from baja shop meeting its the blue ranger with light primered blue bedsides shot from pass. rear corner.

local

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Flipping the shackle helps both increase travel and give a little better ride. A member on here by the name of Mattrick8888 has the mid travel deavers and camburg shackle flipped on his 98' Ranger and it sits really level with the front. You can also shoot over to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dezertrangers.com>www.dezertrangers.com</A>, they have talked about this subject before.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
You need limit straps. Your coils should not pop out with them properly intstalled.

Kris

singlehanded

Reaction
susp. droop shaft of my 14" shock is about 13.5" out but coils are loose if not screwed down about 2 inches. If SCREWED DOWN 2 INCHES RIDE SUCKS! What should I do?

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Remember with most limit straps that there is going to be 1" of stretch for every 12" of strap.

Kris

singlehanded

Reaction
I guess the limit straps have probably streched since kit was installed a year ago! So gonna take it in to the shop and get it checked tomarrow.

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I doubt that they stretched out and have not come back to their original size, depending on type...sounds like they were wrong from the beginning. Let your wheel droop out a half inch before the coil pops out or whatever it is doing bad and measure from eyelet to eyelet the distance of the limit strap mounting holes and then take that distance X (inches)and plug it into this equation (Limit Strap Length = X - X/12 and round the number to the next size down. I got the 1 inch per foot relation from Shocking Mike at Karteka while back...so I believe it.

Kris

singlehanded

Reaction
I took it in today and we decided to get the rear springs rearched about 3" higher and then raise the front about an inch and see how it rides maybe a inch less limit straps will be needed but I will lose less travel. Right now the deavers are 1 1/2" lift with a negative 3" lift because of the flip shackles.

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I or anybody I know have ever had much luck with getting springs re arched...they just settle back down after a good desert trip

Kris

singlehanded

Reaction
Do you think I should put the shackle under the frame to get 3" higher? I dont want to buy another set of deavers.

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Put the stock shackles back on. They will give you 18" of travel and probably an inch or two of ride height.

Kris

singlehanded

Reaction
I cant find my stock shackles. I have the camburg ones they are about 1 1/2" longer, if I put them on flipped back the stock way will it work or should I go get some stock ones?

local