floater vs. micro. stub 934

Fourstroker

micro stubs you can replace axel or cv with out takeing your tool box with you .
You can do it on the midboards too. Don't ask me how I know this. I use the same tools I would use to change a cv on any other setup

dirtdriver85

I have floaters on my race car and they work good once we found the right bearings and trashed the one that came with it ( Gear One hubs need to go in the trash) We ran the micros on the old car and had no issues either. I would just like to here what every on thinks good or bad about either.

Jerry Zaiden

For strength, price, easy of maintenance and reliability run the Pro-Am 934 Mid Bore set up... Works great!

5racer

For strength, price, easy of maintenance and reliability run the Pro-Am 934 Mid Bore set up... Works great!
i put these on steve tyo,s class 5 chassie and there a nice unit .half the wieght of floaters or close to it .they use a timkin bearing that timkin makes just for racing ,not some 4wd bearing off a chevy or jeep..

CaptinCrash

you can change the axle on a summers floater with out a tool box

dirtdriver85

i put these on steve tyo,s class 5 chassie and there a nice unit .half the wieght of floaters or close to it .they use a timkin bearing that timkin makes just for racing ,not some 4wd bearing off a chevy or jeep..
I dont want to sound stupid here but what is the difference between the mid boards and the floaters? I have only have micro stubs and full floaters.

Fourstroker

I dont want to sound stupid here but what is the difference between the mid boards and the floaters? I have only have micro stubs and full floaters.
Kartek's Midboard Microstub setup is still a microstub but the bearing housing is about 2" furthur outboard for longer axles/more travel without changing the track width. You already know what a Floater/Midboard hub setup is without stub axles.