Follow all of the Bikes and Quads V2R

AZ KIRBY

Reaction
I think I speak for all of the bikes and quads when I say this...Bitd said it was mandatory for us to run the tracker. But then you guys ran out of trackers at tech and said it's not a big a deal. At the drivers meeting a rep from racing trax said you guys are just testing the tracker with the bikes. So we had to pay you guys $225 so you could test your device?!? You guys should have selected 5-10 bikes and had them test the tracker For free. We felt that the mount wasn't steady so we tightened it and also zip tied the tracker on...our tracker broke around RM 140. The bolt coming out of the box just broke off. Our pit crew also paid the money to track us and nobody is getting refunded either. It's great idea but it needs more work.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

RacingTraX

Reaction
I think I speak for all of the bikes and quads when I say this...Bitd said it was mandatory for us to run the tracker. But then you guys ran out of trackers at tech and said it's not a big a deal. At the drivers meeting a rep from racing trax said you guys are just testing the tracker with the bikes. So we had to pay you guys $225 so you could test your device?!? You guys should have selected 5-10 bikes and had them test the tracker For free. We felt that the mount wasn't steady so we tightened it and also zip tied the tracker on...our tracker broke around RM 140. The bolt coming out of the box just broke off. Our pit crew also paid the money to track us and nobody is getting refunded either. It's great idea but it needs more work.

I couldn't agree with you more. This race was horrible. There was a lot of pressure to build a safety/tracking unit for the bikes and quads in time for this race. Literally all of our effort was put into designing and building the 420 units. Though we did test the mount, we simply ran out of time to run multiple test scenarios. We also made up a 90 degree bracket at the last minute so the unit could mount and pivot better, this is where the failure happened on most of the bikes. There were some units that made it through the entire race, some that broke off at mile 400, some at 200, some within the first 50 miles. The 90 bracket was for sure the weak link and we are taking full responsibility for that. We went in thinking it would work, obviously had we knows it was a bad design we would not have used it. The device itself worked great on the cars and trucks, it would have worked great on the bikes and quads had it not been for the mounting issues.

We will be going back to the drawing board re-designing a new unit for the bike to make sure we get it right the next time. It was a very... VERY expensive weekend for us. We are OBVIOUSLY not going to charge anything for the $50,000 in ruined units, it was our mistake. We will also be offering a full $200 credit for the next race or a pro-rated refund if someone just wants their money back.

AZ KIRBY

Reaction
Once everything is worked out I'm sure it will be amazing just like the cars and trucks.