Follow Corona Racing during the Baja 1000

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
GPS tracking for TT #6

For those of you unable to make it down to Baja, you can track the progress of the #6 Sourapas Motorsports/Corona Racing Trophy Truck during the race.

Below is a link to the web site and passwords you'll need, as well as easy-to-use instructions on what to do.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sarsinc.com>http://www.sarsinc.com</A>

First off you'll have to download their map guide software, then:

1. Click on user log on
2. Organization: Baja  (case sensitive)
3. Username: jlc
4. Password: bj1000
5. Click on Trip history
6. Click on filter report by DATE
7. Type in the latest date: mm/dd/yyyy
8. Click on output method: SHOW on MAP
9. Then click on GENERATE REPORT
10. Now using the zoom button +, zoom in to see our last position. The device will send out a position every 5 minutes.
11. Use the legend off/on button to add cities, roads, lakes etc.

Give it a try, Have fun.

Sourapas Motorsports/Corona Racing

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

jeff

Reaction
Looks like they had some fun out in the Barstow area... Now if only ALL of the TT's had this we'd be on to something. It would be like the virtual Nascar / Baseball / Golf sites - now that'd be cool!

I can't believe how good those maps are... it's worth messing with even if you aren't interested in Baja. I could zoom in onto streets in the mountains I thought no map would have. Has anyone flown on JetBlue yet? They have in-flight status reports available to passengers that display the location, elevation, and speed of the flight they are on... and you can track them on their website too. That would be "neat" if you could look at a webpage and see that TT # 6 is going 120mph at an altitude of 1000'.

Ahh, technology.

Aloha

RacerX

Reaction
Maybe they left the tracking device in the shop. That would suck.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
The race shop is in Mira Mesa, but Porter's shop is in Riverside. So maybe they left it there. That would stink!

See ya in the dirt!

frankh

Reaction
I'm sure it cost to have it on. the will turn it on before the race.

DougM

Reaction
Jr Syko-

They have there shop at the beverage company? Thats of Miramar Rd.
I didnt know they did their own prep?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
No I didn't mean to imply that they did their own prep, I just meant that I'm sure they packed up all the supplies and such at their race shop and maybe it was left it there. Obviously not though if the thing says its in Riverside!

See ya in the dirt!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I am sure that the unit is only on with the ignition of the truck. so the last time it was on was to get it in the trailer at riverside. Why would it be on the whole trip down?

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

1_1600_racer

Reaction
If ACID_RAIN28 is correct, then we should be able to track the car once it is taken off the trailer in Mexico, and it should be sometime today. I guess only time will tell.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
well think about how it would be set up on the truck, it is hooked to the electrical system that is only on when you need it to move ie the shop and the track. so it will not be on in transport. just like the stereo in your car. if it were on a tow truck and the key off the stereo would not work. just some food for thought

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

frankh

Reaction
I really doubt the system comes on with the ignition switch. For one, I'm sure it cost per time it check in, and iost likely a sat call. Second the only thing on the ignition switch should be the things that are vital to the truck running. If there is some type of problem you don't want it killing the truck and if you have an battery problem you want to be able to cut things off that are not needed. but like you said we will see.

Frank

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Looks like going through contingency??

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
That is such a good idea! I'm sure that Steve has an account with the people so that he can check where all his fleet trucks are. I doubt that it was that much more to add one more truck to the account.

See ya in the dirt!

johnnyspeed

Reaction
The reason the truck was in Riverside at Porter was that they blew up the transmission testing last Saturday. They were "thrash'in" to get it back together (fix/replace transmission, make sure motor was ok....) Hopefully they got some testing done after they got it back together as they had not tested much at all when she BLEW!