For all Dodge-lovers! Prerunner-Dodge!

Breth

Reaction
I saw a few older Ram -trucks in the web. Did sombody got a 94-01 Ram and did you somthing on the suspension? Pix?

Best regards Sascha

stoprez2006

Reaction
Re: Any 2nd gen. Dodge Ram`s here?

Here is a shot of my truck. It's a 1998 1500 4x4. She only has 3" coil spacers on the front, nothing out back so far, Bilstien 5100's all the way around and 35's. Rides pretty nice in the dunes but it could be much better.

Breth

Reaction

Looks sweet!

Ive got a 1997 1500 2WD. Pretty stock, only got 2" liftspindles, rollpan, exhaust and the whole truck is flatt-black (dont know if its the ride word, sorry).

I plan to get the truck look like a prerunner, with fiberwerx fenders and some custommade bedsites, and 17x8 with 35"x12,5" wheels. Aslo wana do a bedcage with some strap, brakets for my dirtbike and accessories.

Im also planing to get or made a longtravelkit like sick-nick http://www.sicknicksfabrication.com/dodge/ramsuspension.html but i dont know how much work it is... first i wanna get that look. Longtraavelsuspension are anyway not alowed in switzerland. So i first have thinking about!

stoprez2006

Reaction

Sounds like you have some good plans! As far as bedsides go contact trailer products. They have the old Walker Evans molds and sell bedsides. Granted they are racing bedsides but I am sure that they would work, at least I hope so because I am planning on running them. My plans for my truck are: roof rack with 4-5 lights built in, 'glass fenders and bedsides, and try to figure some sort of mid-long travel suspension to work with the solid front axle and maybe a full bumper to bumper cage and definately new wheels.

Breth

Reaction

Yeah, since 2 hours im on the search about bedsites and other stuff about the old ram, buts its very rare. I saw the trhead about the bedsites. But The walker bedsites a only 4" wider than stock! I like a bit more. Around 6" would be fine i think. I also saw the thread wehre a guy built his customfenders and bedsize for his bronco. That inspired me, to maybe built the bedsites buy my self.

The fenders i think i will buy them from fiberwerx. On the website they say the fenders got a 10" "BULGE", those that mean, the fenders are 10" wider than stock? (sorry i dont know the word, im from switzerland)

Wich fenders do you plan to put on? the walker`s?

stoprez2006

Reaction

since my truck is a solid axle front and rear i wil only be running the walker bedsides and Hannamen fenders which are both 4" bulge, and yes that is 4" wider than stock, to cover wider tires and wheels.

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction

Longtraavelsuspension are anyway not alowed in switzerland. So i first have thinking about!
Why is longtravel not allowed in Switzerland?

Sorry for dumb question just curious.

jeff

Reaction

International rules are strange. Modification of certain components won't pass the rigorous inspection process. But in many "strict" European countries you can license an off-road quad complete with a license plate, go figure. And the Suisse are totally bonkers when it comes to automobiles and safety. I don't think they (the Suisse) allow for much "fun" on their roadways. Great country, awesome people, but not a lot of fun to drive in.

Here's a pic or two I snapped a few years ago... when I saw the Drab mobile cruising through Geneve I did a triple take.

Aloha

Attachments

Breth

Reaction

So its not about off-road-vehicle or not. Its the reason that its not allowed to weld on the frame or replace "non-stock-parts". Its allowed to use other tires or somthing, but then you need a certification from the wheel-brand that those wheels are "ok" for that car. And you dont can put wheels with more or less backspacing on it, because then is the car wider, and thats also not alowed.
Or a other example: When you have a vehicle with drumbrakes, you cant put disc-brakes on it because its not stock..... (only when a brake-brand gives a certificate that THIS brake is allowed for THAT car.) real funny!!!

But thats only in switzerland (so hard) in germany or england, you have more room!

A real bull**BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**!!

Breth

Reaction
For all dodge-lovers! Prerunner-Doge!

Hey!

After days of searching and some contacts i get from the forum, i finally found the first 2nd gen. Dodge Ram Prerunner-Truck i ever saw!
THe truck is built by sicknickfabrication.com. He said he has a lot of mails about this truck, because nobody else was building it.
I love the truck looks pretty good!

What you guys thinking?

Attachments

Super Baja

Reaction
I have a 2000 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins 4 inch lift 35inch tires. Its no prerunner but I love it. The magazine Diesle Power has had some past articles about some Dodge Cummins prerunners. If I had the money I would go that route with Big Dodge.

stoprez2006

Reaction
The best I have found for the fenders seems to be Hannemann which has 4" wider fenders and Trailer Products has 4" wider bedsides that measure 86" in length. The bedsides are racing bedsides though so they have no provision for a gas filler and the tail lights are modeled into the panel. I plan to run these fenders and bedsides on my truck and cut them down to fit my 80" bed and cut out the tail lights to mount my own. Trailer products also has fiberglass fenders but they won't work on a steel cabbed truck as they require the matching doors.

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
Reaction
The Walker bedsides don't match stock front bedsides, the body line over the fender is higher to match the Walker front glass. My pipe dream is to make a set of doors that have the higher arch so I can run Walker glass all round on my '95 Ram extended cab.

Here are some pics, the white truck shows the Walker bedsides on a truck with stock style flares up front, the blue one is Walker's truck after it was painted by the new owners, and the orange one is just one I found on DR or MySpace, and the last one is my mega skilled photoshop of what an extended cab would look like with Walker glass all around.

Breth, are you saying you want to run 10" glass on a stock truck?

Attachments

socal_soldier

Reaction
Here is a few pics of my truck 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab w/HEMI. Just got the front end finished. Custom Long travel kit fully boxed lower arms, tubed upper arms, engine cage, beefed up tie rods, stock spindles brakes and rims. 5.5 over with 1" spacers which puts it at 6.5 over its strapped at 17 1/2". 2.5 10" KING c/o w/remote resi. 2.0 4" fox bumps(need to be shortened. Custom bumper not bolt on, tied into the frame. Fiberwerx glass and 37" bfg projects with 2" spacers in the rear.

Attachments