For all Dodge-lovers! Prerunner-Dodge!

Bert is my name

Reaction
One of the things that has always bugged me about the dodges is that nobody has come up with a decent looking pre runner bumper to cover the ugly a.f. radiator core support. Along with about zero aftermarket support. Especially for the 2wd. One off parts are the only way to build a two wheel drive dodge. It's too bad because these trucks look good and are dirt cheap. The four wheel drive version has decent support for suspension upgrades but there isn't a lot for the rest of the truck. And almost nobody can tune the p.c.m. for the magnum engines.

JDDurfey

Reaction
One of the things that has always bugged me about the dodges is that nobody has come up with a decent looking pre runner bumper to cover the ugly a.f. radiator core support. Along with about zero aftermarket support. Especially for the 2wd. One off parts are the only way to build a two wheel drive dodge. It's too bad because these trucks look good and are dirt cheap. The four wheel drive version has decent support for suspension upgrades but there isn't a lot for the rest of the truck. And almost nobody can tune the p.c.m. for the magnum engines.

I agree. I have a 2nd gen Dodge 2500 4x4 with a Cummins that I am going to be fixing up in the next year or so. Carli Suspension still makes a kit for it, but I am also going to need a front bumper. I can't find a decent looking pre-runner bumper anywhere.

All the bumpers I find are these massive gaudy looking things that look to weigh 500 pounds. Dodge Off Road did make a pre-runner style bumper that looks okay, but they are currently not producing them.

Bert is my name

Reaction
I dont know who is building bumpers for n.t.g. racing in santee. But I've been driving past that shop for the last month or so during my commute home. Some of the trucks parked out front have had some decent looking bumpers.

SabbathThomas

Reaction
Screenshot_20210303-203724_OfferUp.jpg

Fly'n Ryan

Reaction
Website
www.racerengineering.com
I am currently working on my Gen1 Dakota V8 pre runner project This was my first vehicle from high school and I have owned it for 16 years.. Unfortunately I could never find any off road companies that ever built ANYTHING good for this truck.. Walker Evans built a Dakota class 8 truck in 1988 but after a couple wrecks the race truck idea was scraped. 😢 IMO the Gen 1 Dakota V8 has a ton of potential. I want to give mine a chance to be a capable desert truck. I am super excited to be going this direction with my build.. Hopefully it is a head turner.....

Here are my current trucks specs, current progress, and future project direction.. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any input? Thanks

Specs:
1992 Dodge Dakota LE 2WD
143,000 miles
Stock Engine
K&N Top Hat Intake
Straight Pipe to Flowmaster Muffler
8.25 w/ Posi-traction Diff

Current Progress & Already Purchased parts:
Custom designed Long travel front suspension by DB Fabrication
Custom Shock Mounts & Engine Cage
Factory coil bucket removed & re boxed welded frame to accommodate off road shocks
All suspension and steering pivots on Heims & Uniballs
Laser Cut Lower Arms
Custom built upper J arm
Custom built spindle
Chevy 1500 hubs with 6x5.5 lug pattern (way more wheel options)
Advance Fiberglass front fenders
Fiberwerx Rear Bed sides
Long tube race headers
(x5) 16" American Racing Wheels Baja Outlaw 2 on
Falken Wild Peak A/T {315 x 75 R16}
Ford 9in rear end housing - "needs internals"
4 piston front & rear brakes
Locked Off Road 2.5 Coil Over + 2.5 Bypass & 2.0 Bump stops ( Front )
Custom upper J arm
Temporary:
Sprung under $$$ saver bastard pack with progressive Jeep leaf's
Fox 2.0 smooth body shocks mounted beneath the bed
Extended rear Shackles
6 x 4.5 to 6 x 5.5 Wheel adapters

Parts needed for Project Direction:

Fuel System:

35 gallon behind rear axle fuel cell
Aeromotive inline pump & sending unit.

Interior:
6 point roll cage without destroying the interior
3 custom Alcantara PRP race seats and Harnesses
Grey Flocked Dash
B&M Pro Gate Shifter
Hoon Handle cutting brake
Kenwood Bluetooth Head Unit
Mild sound system

Electrical & Lighting:
In Dash Ipad with Lead Nav GPS
(4x) GG G3 Pods on modular push bar
12" Dual Amber white LED light bar
Par or GG A pillar Pods & Rear yellow dust lights
SwitchPros system

Suspension & Rear End:
Beneath Bed Daily 4 Link, Minimal Frame and bed cutting, has to have a working tail gate!!!
Locked Off Road 2.5 Coil Over + 2.5 Bypass & 2.0 Bump stops (Rear)
35 spline axles
Detroit locker
Rear Sway Bar
Rear tube Pre runner bumper

Motor:
Refresh the motor
RPM Air gap intake manifold for 318 Magnum
Trickflow Heads
Mild Cam
Holley EFI Terminator X
3in exhaust Magnaflow X pipe & Shorty Mufflers
7.5" CBR Transmission Oil cooler
UMP Canister Filter

Below are some photos of some of the parts, design and where we are at in the build. I will post more with progress.

IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_2288 (1).jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

FF12C5EB-CCD7-45EF-AB62-CCA8F200B05D.JPG

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1140.JPG

upload_2017-2-9_19-33-19.png

100_8121.JPG