For all dog owners

ThatSpaceMexican

Reaction
I'm a dog owner (and prefer them over cats). Well if you live in the southwest you need to care for the damn thing. Remember, the summer is coming and not only is the air hot, the ashpalt, and concrete gets hot too if in direct sunlight all day. Like sidewalks and hiking trails. Remember, if its too hot for the back of your hand after 10 seconds, its too hot for dog paws. There's plenty of things like tiny boots for your dog, they keep your dogs pads from peeling off and will let them walk in the hot sun. EVEN COYOTES DON'T TRAVEL DURING THE DAY CAUSE OF THE DESERT FLOORS HEAT.

And if you say "its my dog and i can do what I want"...well. Consider taking your own life lol.

In all seriousness if you can't take care of an animal. You probably can't take care of people

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
My dog has had health insurance since he was 10 weeks old, hes 9 yrs old now. Ill carry him over lava if I had too lol

jon coleman

Reaction
my old boss,( before my current one)used to always say ' kids& dogs are only as smart as there owner', hmmmm, kinda makes sence...ps, go to beach and walk that stretch of sand to the water in mid day summer sun, ow, sux!

JDDurfey

Reaction
I live in Texas where the "cowboys" haul dogs around in the back of their pickups all day. In the summer I see dogs left in the full sun in or on (flat bed) pickups burning their feet all the time. It pisses me off. If they really cared about their working dogs they wouldn't treat them this way. The dogs are trained to not get down or they get beat, so they stand up there burning their feet panting away while the owner is in an air conditioned store.

And don't get me started on how often these dogs fall out of moving trucks. They ride on the tool boxes or stand on the edge of a flat bed going down the highway at 70 mph. The dogs are not smart enough to know better and then the truck hits a bump and oops, there goes the dog tumbling down the highway at 70. It really messes a dog up! My dog rides in the back seat of my pickup. If that makes him a whussy dog, then so be it.

redline

Reaction
There is an awesome product called "Mushers" I think is the name. My wife gets it for our dogs during the summer. It is made for sled pulling dogs to protect their pads from freezing temps of the snow, but works just as good to protect from the heat. I've never had a dog that could stand wearing the booty things plus they don't really make them for BIG dogs. The Musher cream you just rub on their feet if going to be outside in the heat during the day. Also works amazing if your dog tears a pad.