For anyone who rides BMX....

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=14&md=second&id=15100

I know this is kinda weird but S&M rider Marvin Loetterle is selling his BMS prerunner... check it out it was in Off-Road mag a couple months ago.

I used to ride, I sucked but it was fun kinda gave up 2 years ago still cruise around when i can.

Anyways what kind of bike do you have?

I had a sweet Haro 540 air complete then i cracked the frame and grenaded the BB. so I upgraded to a S&M dirtbike with Beringer Bars, Profile cranks, Kink 44t sprocket, Shadow interlink chain, Ditchforks(yes they were donors from my cousin), Casket Stem (gold, classy), Eastern Real wheel and hub, Primo rim job tires, Haro seat(still the most comfy seat ive had) im sure ive forgot something else but yea.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Still ride, although not as much. I quit racing a long time ago. I raced in the early 90's back when you were just a wee one Ruckus. :D

'99 GT Speed Series, XXL frame, lots of Titanium, only weighs around 23-24 pounds, and for a XXL frame that's light.

Attachments

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
my ole buddy Randy Bozarth used to make the SE racing frames in escondido.

tomahawkracefab

Reaction
Still ride, although not as much. I quit racing a long time ago. I raced in the early 90's back when you were just a wee one Ruckus. :D
Mike, i quit racing when YOU were a wee one!! here's some proper old school bmx, early to mid 80's

the second pic i stumbled on in a bmx forum..some guy was showin pics of his racin days, and fug me! there's Ant out in front!! i nearly fell off the chair

Attachments

Double_Down

Reaction
I used to ride, I sucked but it was fun kinda gave up 2 years ago still cruise around when i can.

Anyways what kind of bike do you have?
I have a couple year old DK 6 pack. Cro-mo frame and forks (this really cool metallic pewter color). Odyssey brake setup. 14mm hubs front and rear. DK Chopstick cro-mo cranks. By and large pretty stock-ish. It's a bit dated at this point, but I still have fun on it. I don't get big (did I ever?), but I hit the dirt jumps near my house every so often, and hop on it to go to the store whenever I can instead of driving. After a lousy day of work it feels great to hit a dirt trail or jump off some stairs. Makes me smile every time, and for me, that's what it's about.

Lance T

Reaction
I ride a KHE Impact, 23lbs. 4 oz. I have been toying with the idea of putting some dirt tires on it and going racin' I still have my Cycle Pro Macho from the early 80's.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
my bikes a tank.... really old school.... Im not a fan of little sprokets, i like the top end :D

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
my bikes a tank.... really old school.... Im not a fan of little sprokets, i like the top end :D
Dude, it's micro drive.... It's how much chain is pulled per pedal. It ends up being about the same ratio and cuts some weight too. All the newer BMX bikes have it along with a Euro bottom Bracket.

I also have a GT Fueler that is fully custom. Nothing out there like it. No one has run a Gyro with V-brakes, except me. :D

Last edited:

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Yeah i know they have all they Euro BB, the Span BB looks pretty sweet too, however as a large fellow, I like large beefy parts :D

Lance T

Reaction
Dude, it's micro drive.... It's how much chain is pulled per pedal. It ends up being about the same ratio and cuts some weight too. All the newer BMX bikes have it along with a Euro bottom Bracket.

I also have a GT Fueler that is fully custom. Nothing out there like it. No one has run a Gyro with V-brakes, except me. :D
Most new bikes have either a Spanish or a Mid bb. Most race bikes run a euro...they are only a small percentage of BMX bikes.

Yeah i know they have all they Euro BB, the Span BB looks pretty sweet too, however as a large fellow, I like large beefy parts :D
Mine is a Mid bb which has the same size bearing as an American bb but the are pressed into the frame. I was 230lbs. (I've lost over 20 in the past 3 weeks) how big are you? Biggest bearing but lighter = Dope Shiz!

American - 42mm bearing in a pressed in cup
Euro - 38mm bearing in a threaded cartridge unit
Mid - pressed in 42mm bearing
Spanish - pressed in 38mm bearing

The micro drive is the same ratio:

28/10 = 2.8:1
44/16 = 2.75:1

Mines not even that micro. Some of the kids around the shop run 25/9 and 23/8! It just helps you when you are dropping in.

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Well if anyone is interested I have a Ryan Nyquist Haro Backtrail for sale! $150 o.b.o. Primo bars, Primo super tenderizer pedals, and Primo cranks, Primo pegs, Kink sprocket, Primo grips, tires, and chain tensioner....Haro's comfy seat on it! Haro forks, head set, seat post, and rims as well....Open to negotiations, and possibly delivery to races....???

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Ill give u 5 bucks and prep job. Perhaps a dance if you fancy....
I miss trents old square Hawk... that was a BAMF....
and come on bone you mean we wont hit up the skate park on the BMX with me? lol

BGRANT

Reaction
Just bought a 24" RedLine. Don't know how much I will ride it but I thought it would be cool to have. There is a city maintaned jump park about 500 yards from my house I might take it through once in a while. I used to race a GT in the ABA about 26 years ago. Is Kearny Moto Park still around?

BGRANT

Reaction
my ole buddy Randy Bozarth used to make the SE racing frames in escondido.
Troy-SE was the bike to have back in the 80s. The welds on the PK were the sheet! Remember the Wedge at OG? Few guys I remember on SE bikes back then were Joe Mammy, Phil Gallegos and Matt Murphy. I think Dave Morgan and Tom Hightower were still peddeling 20" bikes around Esco until they were like 30. We used to hitch hike up Lake Wholford Rd. to Bottle Peak and bomb down with our foot wedged between the back wheel and the frame as a break.

Racbaja

Reaction
The kids and I still race. I am 46 and race the 46-50 Cruiser Class. We were really into last year untill I crashed hard in Yuma Arizona, I broke 5 ribs and a coller bone. The funny thing is I have skated vert, raced motorcycles and raced a off road for tha past 25 years and never broke a thing. We just started racing again, my girls are 8 and 11 and pretty fast. Tommy Watson class 12 racer races out in El Centro with us, good times. My daughter bikes are super lite at 11 and 14 pounds, that is for junior and expert size bikes. Here are a couple of photos from RDC member zoomlenz4u.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
You want me to take a pic of my Neon Green Quandangle????
Hell yes!

Ill give u 5 bucks and prep job. Perhaps a dance if you fancy....
I miss trents old square Hawk... that was a BAMF....
and come on bone you mean we wont hit up the skate park on the BMX with me? lol
Wow! A Hawk. That's a company I forgot about. We called them "Milk cartons", because that's what the frame looked like with the square tubing.

Anyone remember the single sided fork and hub combo that was later recalled?

Last edited: