For BEERMAN: HotVW's Feature Pics

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
For BEERMAN: HotVW\'s Feature Pics

After going through my HotVW's archives searching for feature articles, I came across a couple of our very own BEERMAN.

Enjoy!

From the December '83 issue: The "Silver Bullet" Class 10 car.
This car won a ton of races. Accomplishments include victories at the '85 Mint 400 and Frontier 500 (while placing 2nd Overall at both events), and winning the '85 Baja 1000 OVERALL! Those victories helped earn Sourapas and Richardson the '85 SCORE/HDRA Class 10 Championship.

From the July '86 issue: The Hussong's Cerveza-sponsored 10 car.

Subscriptions and back issues available at: hotvws.com

martininsocal

Reaction
Re: For BEERMAN: HotVW\'s Feature Pics

Tony- I was actually just looking over the Silver Bullet issue last week! That was one of the most beautifully prepared cars ever(IMO). Plus it had one of my buddy's engines in it. Steve has always been a supporter of this sport from the Los Campeones meetings at the Crest Beer Gardens to his true diplomatic representation of the sport. Drive on Beerman!

Mike_Cohen

Reaction

TBB - I swear we need to have an off-road Jeopardy challenge at one of these races. Maybe we should work on it for the Primm. Would you be willing to wear a cool plaid leisure suit as host Wink Barraza?

The Silver Bullet still lives. Ken Stroud races it in Class 12 and it helped him win last year's SCORE calss points championship.

Reminisce on!

Mike Cohen

martininsocal

Reaction

Mike- Steouds car is one of Sourapas/Richardson cars? Pretty amazing. There are a lot of old chassis still runnin' and winning races, and I am not talking about 5 years old! The Mirage that Bates races was put together in the early '80's(first Chassis bill made after he left Hi-Jumper) and teh Bunderson we had is still running good and had a points Championship with MDR a few years ago. That is also a 1985 vintage chassis. Funny how those chassis are still running strong while many "new" cars are throwaways after 4-5 years of racing.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction

Off road jeopardy @ PRIMM: "Tony, I'll take Nevada silt beds for $500.00 please". Sign me up for that game show, it's the only subject that i've EVER really studied. Sounds like you got yourself a job to do now Tony. Let me know if you need some questions. Wardy

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction

Tony,you are the man I can't even find this stuff.It's true Ken Stroud does own the old Silver Bullet but it's had a few face lifts since I had it.As for the Hussongs car it became a Class 1 car for the 1987 season flying the Coors Light colors and won the Parker 400 (class 1) and the Mint 400 overall that year.It was then sold to Bill Savage and I lost track of it after that.Thanks for bringing back some good memories as the way this year's going so far I needed that.

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction

DeZertracer.com
Has an old school section, Mint 400, HDRA,SCORE, Short Course (including Riverside, Corona). Steve is there, along with many others. Also The Babes of the Mint 400.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction

Its amazing to see the technology on a state of the art Class 10 back in the 80's. No coilovers, not even res. and yet it was still able to "over-all" the race! I love it, keep 'em coming Tony!