Ford 3.0

BlaZair

Reaction
There is a 93 Ranger XLT Extended Cab 2wd at the private party used car lot on my way home from work. I called the number and an old retired guy was selling it, so I am assuming it hasnt been abused. He said it had a 3.0 in it. Question is: Should I hold out for a 4.0? Is the 3.0 gutless?

Thanks.

Brian Mapes

Reaction
What is it auto or stick? Cuz if it is auto then it is kinda weak, cuz my dad has the 3.0 on his 1999 std. cab and its alright.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
If you are laeving it stock then the 3 liter should be fine. I have the 4liter and love it. I always try to get the largest motor offered as a rule of thumb though. If it is gonna see some bigger tires and other mods I would go for the 4 liter.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

JCA

Reaction
I have had both. I traded in the 4.0 for a new truck with a 3.0. I could not get rid of the truck with the 3.0 fast enough. What a disappointment!!

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

sirhk100

Reaction
We've got a '02 extra cab ranger at work with the 3.0 and a auto and it was a dog stock. Now it's on 33's and it can't get outta it's own way!!! But it looks cool so that's all that matters, right!!!

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Thats not the RCD/Bilstein one is it?

See ya in the dirt!

michael_loomis

Reaction
my friend has a 2000 trailhead std cab w/5 speed , that thing is gutless. hold out for a 4.0 if you plan on running bigger tires. the 3.0 is equivilent to 4 banger power , hardly any more torque.

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
I had the 3.0 / 5spd in my 92 std cab sorry to say hit the rev limiter all the time trying run that dude...Take it for what it's worth???

Start drinking till you see double and act single