Ford 302 rebuild?

FabioP

Ok, I just got a '97 Explorer with a 302. It's got 147K miles in it. Plan on pulling it and install it on a Ranger. I want to at least replace all seals and gaskets. What else should I do to it? Change bearings and rings since it's already open?
I plan on using the Megasquirt ECU and install a better cam.

partybarge_pilot

Look into the SDS EFI. Western motorsports has plug in units for a lot of Fords. Plus they have a lot of maps for 302's that could save you a LOT of time.

casey[unleashed805]

Ok, I just got a '97 Explorer with a 302. It's got 147K miles in it. Plan on pulling it and install it on a Ranger. I want to at least replace all seals and gaskets. What else should I do to it? Change bearings and rings since it's already open?
I plan on using the Megasquirt ECU and install a better cam.
yea definatly chance al the gaskets and seal ,, my philosophy is its all ways easy to replace stuff when its out of the truck , so id replace the main's and rod bearings cause its not to expensive and easy especialy if your ganna be running it hard,
doing a bigger cam and maybe some head work if you got the money , juss depends on how much performance you want

FabioP

What about upgrades?

I don't want anything wild. Just some minor cam work, boring and injection tweak. What cam should I look for? I'd guess it would be towards low end torque right?