• Forum membership has its advantages....

FORD COMMERCIAL!!!

PATCO

Has anyone else seen the new ford commercial? Shows Baldwin and I think Jefferies TT's.
I saw it once last night.

PATCO

Jimmy8

I was wondering when Ford was going to capitalize on all of the money they are putting into the sport. Funny how Ashley and Smith are the only really factory backed team, and they were not in it, and they dont race BITD and all of Fords money is in that series.

Gabe Lara

Hey Pat,
Have yet to see it, but heard it was in the works....Sounds cool.

No Herbsts?
You'd think they own half of Ford, with all of their Company vehicles and Race team being Fords.....

PATCO

No doubt. I was surprised not to see the Duralast or the Herbst trucks. I guess they dont have
the air time to show all the fords TTs.

PATCO

Dave_G

RE: Funny how Ashley and Smith are the only really factory backed team, and they were not in it, and they dont race BITD and all of Fords money is in that series.

Ford Motor Company doesn't pay for most of the commercials directly nor do they pick the content. Example: The Southern California Ford Dealers Association generates the advertisment with money kicked in by all the dealers in the association. An advertising agency is contracted to make the commercial and it is paid for by the dealers association. Those who star in the commercials negotiate to receive salary and residual payments for each airing. It's possible that Dan and Dave were not offered residuals so they didn't want to do it. It's just business. I was in a Ford F-150 commercial about 4 years ago with Ashley and the Sheriff's Search & Rescue Team. We were all paid a salary and residuals for over a year every time the commercial aired. The screen actors guild even gave me health insurance after my earnings exceeded a certain level. It's good work if you can get it! ;-)

Dave G

scott

Jeffries and Baldwin, and no Ford Powertrain Sponsored Enduro team of Ashley & Smith????? The intresting thing was where they were romping at, All the green grass and groomed area. It looked like a page out of Crandon. Forget about it though, pretty damn cool !!!!!!!

Jimmy8

Anyone seen it here in Arizona? I'm wondering if it is only being aired in SoCal.

Chris

I was thinking about that too, I caught the commercial in the middle of NYPD blue last night. It looked like they were blazing through a golf course!!!

Skyler

I saw the commercial on Monday night football. I think I did see the Duralast truck in it , not too sure because I was too busy tryin to get all my buddies attention on the commercial. Did they film the commerciual exclusively or is it race footage?

Jimmy8

Saw it just now. sweet