Ford CST Long Travel

BigD

I'm just seeing if anyone has pictures of any F150's with the California Supertrucks coilover kit on it. I'm really interested in getting it put on my truck, but I've yet to see any trucks with it on. Any other thoughts on this kit, I haven't heard any opinions from anyone yet. I know it runs ball joints instead of uniballs and I'm wondering if that's gonna be a problem...any thoughts would be cool. Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
If you are going long travel, go with H and M. Their kit looks awesome.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

BigD

I don't have that much dough. The CST kit is gonna cost way less cause i've already got the spindles and glass on. I don't really need that crazy of a kit anyways, I'm using my truck to do a little bit of prerunning and a lot of road trips through mex.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I Gotcha.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

jeff

I've got some pics of Kevins F-150 long travel system with King coilovers. Unfortunateky they are stuck on a Sony memory stick... the Camera pooped out and I don't know anyone with a memory stick reader...

Aloha

BigD

thanks for diggin' that up, much appreciated. I'm getting the dough together now. what do you guys think from looking at the pics, this kit decent or should i keep saving? Any obvious flaws? Any opinions would be cool...thanks

John Bitting

Administrator
I ran the CST kit on my chevy, and for what I used the truck for (chasing, playing around) it was perfect, never had a problem at all. I think for the money you cant beat it. The limitations are the balljoints, spindles and tie rod ends (for hardcore use). If you want to just have fun with the truck you would be real happy with the kit, If you are looking to do some serious prerunning, jumping, beating then maybe save up more and go with a custom kit like H&M's.

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

Waldo

Safehouse
How much $ is the CST kit?

BRAAAAAAAAP!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaWaldo on 04/25/02 08:18 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

BigD

baja concepts is selling it for 3500, but if you minus spindles(already have em) it's about 2900. You can buy the arms separately for a pretty good price too. I think the arms alone are about 1300 with ball joints and bushings. that way you can fab up a mount yourself, but i think i'm just gonna use theirs and not even mess around with it.

Kartek_Webman

BigD,

We are having the F150 Coilover Kit made right now with a couple options. One with balljoints, one with uniball upper, and possibly one with uniball uppers and lowers. Right now we have a package with the kit, coilover Sway-A-Ways, and spindles for $2,999 but since you don't need spindles it runs $2524.99. I'm hoping to have the kit in stock next week so come by and check it out.

KARTEK<font color=red>Where Off-Road is on!</font color=red>

BigD

shweeeeeeeet!!!! I'm hoping to rake in some dough this weekend. The second i get it together i'm coming down there. How much extra is it going to be for the uniball...you have any idea yet? If it's reasonable i'm sure i'd just go with the uniball instead.

Kartek_Webman

It'll probably be around the same price.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kartek.com>KARTEK</A>
<font color=red>The Source for Off-Road!</font color=red>

jeff

And if you want to see the uniball equipped kit installed go take a look at Kevins F-150 that is almost always parked over at SuperTrucks in San Berdoo. Kevin also swapped out a bunch of the steering joints and replaced them with rod ends. Kevins kit was the first Ford long travel (pretty sure) to use the CST uniball design. It's worth a look just to see how everything goes together and the modifications necessary to install it.

Aloha