Ford Electrical Connections???

AaronDixon

Reaction
Does anyone know a place that sells OEM style Ford electrical connectors? What do the pros use to completely rewire a truck? Just carefully take apart the factory plastic piece? Or all new? Or???

Aaron

tedmales

Reaction
if you are looking to replace a specific connector, then the dealer is the best way. if you are making connections and would like to use a factory type connector, then napa and carquest sell connectors that are very good, like fatory, but maybe not the exact connectors.

life is too short to be small

toddz

Reaction
Aaron:

It depends on what connectors you're referring to. Many of the connector shells are OEM Ford specific and aren't even available from the dealer. For a lot of the pieces I end up re-using the stuff I have or trying to find examples in good shape at the local junkyard. Many of the pins and sockets used in the connectors, though, are available at Pep Boys, believe it or not.

HTH,
Todd

hoeker

Reaction
msd sells serviceable water proof connectors similar to GM oem stuff. when i looked in to it i was told fords connectors are not available anywhere. also quickcar products has some great connectors similar to the msd ones.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I was at pepboys the other day and the sure do carry the factory style weather tight connectors. Also Del city wire has every kind of weather tight connector you could imagine.
<A target="_blank" HREF=https://www.delcity.net/tstore/servlet/pagebuilder?frame=Home> Del City Wire </A>

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

toddz

Reaction
Yeah, Pep Boys and a lot of other places(including NAPA) sell the GM Weather Pack connectors, also available through Del City, Waytek, etc. If you don't need OEM Ford, the Weather Packs work great.

Todd Z.