Ford Long Travel

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I'm new to this whole thing, but I was wondering if anyone can give me some info about some long travel kits for the 97 -up F150's. I'm not interested in the Fabtech kit, and I've seen the California Supertruck kit. I heard that H and M is making one , anyone have any info on their kit or any others? Any info is appreciated. thanks, Big D

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
The word is that the H&M kit will be race quality. Whether that means it is too much for a street truck or just totally bulletproof. I am not sure I am sure it will be SICK

rdc

Reaction
The supertruck cycles 13 or 14 inches of travel while the camburg cycled the same,i also hear the camburg was just for looks and is a custom deal . the H&M long travel kit is SICK it is boxed chromo lowers and tube/box uppers the kit is insane all heims alum tire rods and a custom steering it cycles 17 inches and sits outside tire to outside tire about 90" it is by far the best f-150 kit out on the market. i have seen the truck witht he kit on and it looks exactly like a class 8 with i believe the same width as the herbst truck
Dan

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

rdc

Reaction
It depends on what you want and your gonna pay for it the CST is decent similar to the fabtech except a coilover so it will ride decent i dont like there kits since there is no engine cross bar to me seems like thats the week point. Then the camburg is decent its similar to fabtech with but with a coil over and runs 6 grand for the the kit installed with shocks but from what i hear is it really isnt that nice i dont know anything about H&M truck but i would like to find out so far the CST looks a lot bette than the camburg kit i am not a camburg fan is i guess why

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
It's one thing to talk trash, which of course all of us have plenty to talk, but at least fill out your profile if you are going to talk it...that way we can see who you are when you do. Not upset I just dont like when people don't fill out their profile.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

rdc

Reaction
I appreciate the info. Anyone got any pics of the H and M kit or have any idea of the price ?
Thanks- Big D

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Yo Big D-

Let me tell you, the H&M setup for '97-'01 F150's is BADASS!!! Kevin and Buff have done their homework! Its all the sick, high quality, clean and professional work we have all seen from H&M. I am fully prepared to have them give my F150 the throw-down "kit" prior to the Baja 1000 (if everything comes together for me)

I will attempt to attach a couple of pics of the H&M setup. When you call the boyz at H&M, tell them you saw it here first!

Good Luck!

Tony

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Tony_Barraza on 09/23/01 05:06 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

gary

Reaction
i don't have a ford, but i wanna see it...
the attachments not working though.....

rdc

Reaction
tony, i'm stoked you have pics, they are not working though. If you can't get them to work maybe you could just e-mail them instead...only if it's not too much trouble. Don't worry about it if it's a pain in the butt. My e-mail is under my profile. Thanks -Big D

rdc

Reaction
First, thanks for all the compliments on my truck, Buff and Kevin did a really nice job. The truck is actually 89 inches wide, and strokes an impressive 17 inches. The front is controlled by a 2.5 inch SAW coilover and a 2.5 inch SAW two tube bypass. The steering has been reinforced and uses custom aluminum tie rods and heims. We are still currently working on valving and a link setup for a widened 9 and 3/4 inch rear end. I do have lots of pictures and will try to get some together.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
AND IF THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH TO GET YOU TO THE DEALER OR ON THE PHONE WITH H&M, HERE IS THE FRONT OF THE BEAST...... Jay you got a beautiful front end on your truck.. now fill out your profile.... :)

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
JB-

Thanks for posting the pics for me brother!

Did I tell you guys or what? Kevin & Buff ROCK! The kit is beyond SICK!

I can't wait!

Later!

Tony

rdc

Reaction
HOLLY [censored]! That is bad azz!

<font color=red>Rally Expert<font color=red>

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
How much does the kit cost?

PJCinLV

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
That set up is insane!!! I wish I had the duckets to get it. Maybe I'll hit the lotto and buy us all kits like that (yeah right). Anyway, what is the damage of the kit? Anyone know?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

rdc

Reaction
Thanks for the pics John, I actually went down to their shop yesterday to see it for myself and good god, that kit is unreal. The qualty is unbelievable. I appreciate the pics though, just gotta keep saving now. As far as the price goes, they said it can vary quite a bit. The first ones were about about 9k , but they said they can get the price way down. They were hoping to have it down to 7k in a couple months. Worth every penny though...