FORD Ranger Raptor!

Reaction
The mini Raptor is real, is bonkers, and is everything we ever wanted in a Ford Ranger.
Ford Australia dispatched a raven by way of YouTube to let all of us in the United States know that it had important news. The popular Ranger midsize pickup truck is getting the variant we all hoped would happen. In 2018, a Raptor version of the Ranger will go on sale. Errr—at least in the Asia Pacific market.

The conveniently-named Ranger Raptor was revealed in a teaser video shared by Ford Performance and Ford Australia, and it’s everything you’d expect from a Raptor teaser. It shows an agile Ranger barrelling across the desert, sliding around and jumping over stuff. You know, Raptor things.

bajataxi

Reaction
The only way I would be interested would be if the ranger came with the raptor v6 with the same tune! Which would have been the appropriate engine application to begin with! But then again fingers crossed maybe we will get a v8 in the raptor in the future. If not I guess I will not buy. Ford!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
The only way I would be interested would be if the ranger came with the raptor v6 with the same tune! Which would have been the appropriate engine application to begin with! But then again fingers crossed maybe we will get a v8 in the raptor in the future. If not I guess I will not buy. Ford!
I had a 2012 v8 Raptor, I now have a 2017 Raptor. The turbo 6 fixes everything that bugged me about the V8. More hp, lighter truck, more torque with a MUCH flatter torque curve ( I don't have to drive everywhere in tow/haul just to get her moving) and better mileage by 5 miles per gallon. Those are huge changes that make the truck much better. Just my opinion but I have owned both and I know which one I like.
5 mpg better per gallon, let that sink in and think about how much gas and money that is over the course of 100,000 miles. Personally I'm not willing to trade off all the better stuff just for a "cool" exhaust sound.

bajataxi

Reaction
My prerunner does between 3-8 mpg depending on conditions. I am not the least concerned about fuel economy of the raptor but durability is another question. If you take the Budweiser Clydesdales wagon team and replace them with fewer and smaller horses you would still be able to pull the wagon and possibly achieve a greater speed with smaller and more agile horses but for how long? There is a reason farmers have always wanted as many big and strong horses as they could get their hands on. P.s. my prerunner has a supercharged v8 now if you want to talk about torque and acceleration.

Reaction
I think there is an expectation for it to sound like a V8. I thought the engine choice was a bit weird but I understand it's a balance between power and fuel economy. Honestly I was most excited about having small turbo diesel engines in these size vehicles to increase the range and longevity.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Exhaust note is important and Ford knows it... BUT, rather than making sure their cars and trucks have the right exhaust note they CHOSE to pipe in vroom-vroom engine sounds through the speakers. To me that is just DUMB!!!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
A Ranger Rapor with a small turbo diesel would land it in my driveway.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Awe nuts, I gotta porsche Turbo 911 that's more than happy to talk top speed and pulling g's through a corner. We can all reach into our bag of tricks. The thing is the Porsche and your prerunner both cost a lot more than a Raptor.
PS. I'm selling the Porsche cause I love my Raptor that much.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I'm not in this for the sound, I'm in this for getting off the corner fast and accelerating through sand washes. The flatter torque curve makes me one happy owner.
Oh, and the 4 wheel drift through the flat, dirt corners is a blast, especially knowing there's some nannies to catch me when I run out of talent.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Awe nuts, I gotta porsche Turbo 911 that's more than happy to talk top speed and pulling g's through a corner. We can all reach into our bag of tricks. The thing is the Porsche and your prerunner both cost a lot more than a Raptor.
PS. I'm selling the Porsche cause I love my Raptor that much.
What year Porsche?

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Awe double nuts I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want a ranger raptor to go with my f-150 raptor. How the heck am I gonna pull this off??? Mrs Nimrod loves trucks, I just gotta convince her we NEED both of them. Then what do I do when the Raptor Bronco comes out? Oh man this is getting complicated

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
PS. The Porsche's sticker price in 2002 was 139k. She'll jump up to 165mph faster than you can imagine, her top speed is 192 but I haven't been over 165.......yet.......

CMA GUMBY

Reaction
I have seen a few of the Rangers traveling I 8. No Raptor version yet... Nimrod, I am holding out for the Bronco edition.