Ford Raptor $38,995

promaxmarine

Reaction
it is a bad arse machine for coming off the factory production line! i work for ford and it is sick!!!!!!!!!!! i think you will be very impressed!!!!!!

Last edited:

dezertboy69

Reaction
this truck is f***ing awesome!!! for a production truck it has anything you could want for a daily driver/pre runner!!! toyota's trd pre-runner doesnt have anything on this truck. this is a true purpose built truck. looks like it takes a damn good beating too!! what does everyone else think?? even the chevy guys gotta love this truck!!

tcm glx

Reaction
Awesome!! $40K is no bad considering you are getting it as hooked up as it is....

I am curious what the aftermarket will do to gain more travel... I am thinking unibals with different arms, and a long travel bucket, and you could pull some more travel out of the front, then a deaver in the rear!

spalind

Reaction
Awesome!! $40K is no bad considering you are getting it as hooked up as it is....

I am curious what the aftermarket will do to gain more travel... I am thinking unibals with different arms, and a long travel bucket, and you could pull some more travel out of the front, then a deaver in the rear!
Agreed...you can hardly get a fully loaded FX4 for that amount....

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
I've wanted one of these bad boys for a while. When we were testing off of Knight Ranch Road before the MINT 400 we actually got to see Rousch Eng. testing the trucks. Two blacks one, no camo or covers... pretty much how production will be, the test drivers stopped and let us take a look at them. They're beautiful in the inside. The test drivers were paid only to drive them and punish them to test them to their limits, they claimed they only broke four trucks. Not bad at all. These guys were hammering these trucks around knight ranch rd and the lake bed into the hills.

ssooooo sweet:cool:

Chas Moore

Reaction
this truck is f***ing awesome!!! for a production truck it has anything you could want for a daily driver/pre runner!!! toyota's trd pre-runner doesnt have anything on this truck. this is a true purpose built truck. looks like it takes a damn good beating too!! what does everyone else think?? even the chevy guys gotta love this truck!!
I think I'd rather have a Tundra. Looks great though, reminds me of the NF150's.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I think I'd rather have a Tundra. Looks great though, reminds me of the NF150's.
Me too, but I will admit the truck is a BAMF! If the the truck had the long term reliability of what Toyota does and had as much power Id consider buying one. I think Ford did an awesome job with the new truck, kudos to them!

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
I want THAT job.
I KIND OF do that here at Kia, but we use Rousch to test pre production cars to accumulate high mileage before the car goes into production. :D

fordnut

Reaction
I think that it is pretty cool how Ford is trying something new and different. It's good to see Ford supporting desert racing. It could be very easy for them to turn their backs and fold to the lawyers and enviro-nazis.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
They were giving Raptor rides today at Primm -- going around a few miles of the course -- with jumps! The test drive guy drove truck like he was prerunning --- very capable vehicle off road, then push a button, and it is a highway comfort vehicle - nothing short of amazing! I hear it has the normal full factory warranty, too -- big bonus.

jeff

Reaction
When Ford starts selling the Raptor with the 6.2L under the hood I'd seriously consider buying one. Anybody around here own a 2009 F150? How well do they tow a max rated weight trailer?

Aloha

aiiraciing

Reaction
Its nice to see it under 40K, but I have to wonder, how much will the Ford stealerships mark it up

promaxmarine

Reaction
Its nice to see it under 40K, but I have to wonder, how much will the Ford stealerships mark it up
with these times i dont think they can, plus banks wont finance over msrp right now.

production numbers will be high. most likly as many as the lightnings

Last edited:

Offspring

Reaction
I think that it is pretty cool how Ford is trying something new and different. It's good to see Ford supporting desert racing. It could be very easy for them to turn their backs and fold to the lawyers and enviro-nazis.

You mean like they did with the Excursion's? They also made it to production and was cut due the above.