Ford Raptor

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I went and test drove one yesterday and am hooked. I was going to buy the one at the lot but a couple of people have told me to wait for the new motor which comes out in Nov/December so looks like I'll be plopping a down payment down. Do any RDC folk currently have one and what do you think? One of the things that surprised me was the interior, very nice and the nav is awsome. The seats are very comfortable as well. Anyone had any problems?

Torchmate

Reaction
Just picked this one up in Henderson yesterday. I plan on prerunning the Silver State 300 in it next weekend. I will let you know how it goes. I thought about waiting for the bigger motor, but I couldn't be happier. It is strong enough. My wife said, "are you really going to go destroy that beautiful truck". I said, "yeah, why?". :D

After all, it is under warranty!

Attachments

• Raptor.JPG
    Raptor.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 261

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
The only one they have I could find is the Orange but I want the black. What does the interior on the black look like? I'm not sure I'm a fan of orange trim with the orange one.

charlie_brown

Reaction
a freind of mine test drove one but wanted to wait til november for the bigger motor so he all ready put a deposit down for when it comes in.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I am jealous :)

randy s

Reaction
i've got a lightning prerun truck and theres a lightning owners forum and 99% of those guys on it are really bummed that ford did'nt come up with a new gen3 lightning and brought the raptor out instead. it's comical listening to folks from new jersey and other places that don't have deserts whine about our sport. i just posted back that pavement racing and cruising back and forth down main street was for sissys and to get over it. i hope you guys that are getting raptors have fun in your new trucks. thanks go out to ford for doing something good. they should have put the big motor in all of them though.

idealer

Reaction
i wish they had a crew cab model, I think I will trade my 04 in when the new motor comes out anyway... I haven't seen a white one yet...

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
I went and test drove one yesterday and am hooked. I was going to buy the one at the lot but a couple of people have told me to wait for the new motor which comes out in Nov/December so looks like I'll be plopping a down payment down. Do any RDC folk currently have one and what do you think? One of the things that surprised me was the interior, very nice and the nav is awsome. The seats are very comfortable as well. Anyone had any problems?

Senior Syko has one.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
After all, it is under warranty!

you guys realize what that factory warranty covers right? i have
a feeling there are going to be some painful conversations involving
ford service writers in the near future... :D

WORCS332

Reaction

HAHA! that will be interesting!

aiiraciing

Reaction

I've heard rumors, but nothing in writing, have you seen anything in writing that you can post or "quote"

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
limited warranties cover parts that are "defective in factory-supplied materials of workmanship"...

Torchmate

Reaction
Pre-ran for the Silver State 300 this weekend in the Raptor. Here are some after pictures. No problems, no dents and no warranty repairs necessary :D. I love it! And that is saying something after 320 miles of beating.

Attachments

• Raptor small air.JPG
    Raptor small air.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 161
  • After SS300 Prerun 018.jpg
    After SS300 Prerun 018.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 145
  • After SS300 Prerun 017.jpg
    After SS300 Prerun 017.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 139
  • After SS300 Prerun 014.jpg
    After SS300 Prerun 014.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 127
  • After SS300 Prerun 013.jpg
    After SS300 Prerun 013.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 131
  • After SS300 Prerun 012.jpg
    After SS300 Prerun 012.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 118
  • After SS300 Prerun 011.jpg
    After SS300 Prerun 011.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 141
  • After SS300 Prerun 010.jpg
    After SS300 Prerun 010.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Raptor full stuff.JPG
    Raptor full stuff.JPG
    454.8 KB · Views: 133

Dezertpilot

Reaction
The only thing that would hold me back is lack of a crew cab model. Me and the chick both just have extra cab trucks and want to upgrade in the next year or so to a crew cab, we need more room in and outside the truck. I think that truck is probably one of, if not the coolest off road style trucks out their, your a lucky guy!