Ford Sales person/ Dealer @LOOK@

movindirt

Wham Spore
Reaction
I am looking to trade in my 93 Explorer on a base model Ranger. All I am looking for is manual 5spd and A/C, a long bed would be nice if possible. Need the payments to be about $100.

If you can make this deal happen send a PM with contact info.

Thanks in advance!

gunit

Reaction
No way not on a new one, even with the "clunker" program.

I was curious so I looked it up.

A base model Ranger with AC and long bed is $19,400. MSRP. Most dealers will discount these about 10% = $17460. + sales tax= $18900. Doc, license est $650= $19550. actual cost.

Trade in '93 Explorer as a clunker and get $4500 from government= $15050. to finance.

Using Fords incentive financing (requires 10% down in cash) 4.9% for 72 mo. (the longest term) Cash down payment of $1505. Leaves $13,545. to finance.

So, to finance $13545 for 72 mo. @4.9% = a payment of $212. p/mo.This assumes you can make a $1500 down payment, can qualify for the incentive fiancing AND trade in the other car for $4500.

I am not a dealer, I only responded because I hear ridiculous requests like this all the time. All of the info is available to you to calculate a payment and to discover what things cost. Find these things out before you go shopping and only expect what is possible.

CHROMOLY77

Reaction

A base model Ranger with AC and long bed is $19,400. MSRP. Most dealers will discount these about 10% = $17460. + sales tax= $18900. Doc, license est $650= $19550. actual cost.

Trade in '93 Explorer as a clunker and get $4500 from government= $15050. to finance.

Using Fords incentive financing (requires 10% down in cash) 4.9% for 72 mo. (the longest term) Cash down payment of $1505. Leaves $13,545. to finance.

So, to finance $13545 for 72 mo. @4.9% = a payment of $212. p/mo.This assumes you can make a $1500 down payment, can qualify for the incentive fiancing AND trade in the other car for $4500.

I am not a dealer, I only responded because I hear ridiculous requests like this all the time. All of the info is available to you to calculate a payment and to discover what things cost. Find these things out before you go shopping and only expect what is possible.
WOW !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: that was easy !! damm you know your stuff

movindirt

Wham Spore
Reaction

Well first off Ford is currently giving 4k factory rebate and 19,400??? Dude what are you looking at? Try more like 17k. The following is from Pacific Ford's website:

Estimated Selling Price: $ 17,115
Down Payment: $

Term (in months): 24 36 48 60 72

Step 2: Select Incentives
Incentive offers for a 72-month term:

4.9% Stand-Alone APR

Step 3: View Payment

MSRP: $ 16,395

Estimated Selling Price: $ 17,115

Down Payment: $ 7,500 (4000 rebate and 3500 cash for clunker)

Estimated Net Selling Price : $ 9,615

Term (in months): 72

Stand-Alone APR: 4.9%

Monthly payment: $154

Low rates and rebates good through 8/2/2009
All prices quoted are the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices.
For additional information and disclosures, click here

And this is from CarsDirect:

Copyright | Privacy Statement | GlobalSign

2009 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Styleside 6 ft. box 111.5 in.
Save Now!

CarsDirect Price
$18,385MSRP Price:
$17,555Employee Price:$17,830Sales Price:($4,000)Manufacturer Rebates:
Net Cost: $13,830
Pricing as of 07/25/09 in zip code 90275

The Explorer will only get $3500 under the cash for clunker program but that along with a few hundred bucks from my wallet get it down to 10k plus tax and lic. You are correct that the 4.9 rate only goes to 72 months. I know the price can be worked on a bit and so a payment close to $100 a month is very doable. I mean without even trying I am @$154 a month......

gunit

Reaction
All of my pricing and finance info came from Fords own website. $19,400. is the actual MSRP for a Ranger XL with long bed and AC. I said in my earlier statement that you will probably be able to buy that truck for something around $17,500. plus the extra costs.

You said you wanted AC and long bed. The long bed is $1285 and AC is $850. Together they are $2135. over the $16,395 base price that you reference and you did not add delivery and prep, sales tax, doc fees, license and registration to your figures. Also, the offer from Ford is $4000. cash back OR the incentive financing NOT both, read the offer carefully.

I have purchased many new cars and played all of the factory incentive games and I know how they work. You cannot buy a new truck with a payment of $100. unless the amount borrowed is no more than $6200. this assumes you can get they factory 4.9% 72mo intrest rate.
Look it up, there are many payment calculators online, I used bankrate.com .

If you make a deal on a new 2009 Ranger with long bed and AC, trade in the Explorer, use the factory financing and end up with a payment of $100 or less without having to make at least a $7000. cash down payment, I will make your first payment for you.
Not going to happen, no way, no how.

When you get your truck post the details of the deal, I am sure we would all like to see what you came up with.

Last edited:

michael_loomis

Reaction
Read the fine print on the cash for clunker program.

Fuel mileage numbers need to be improved greatly over what your buying... I posted the link in WTAR a couple weeks ago. Search the net for it..

movindirt

Wham Spore
Reaction
All of my pricing and finance info came from Fords own website. $19,400. is the actual MSRP for a Ranger XL with long bed and AC. I said in my earlier statement that you will probably be able to buy that truck for something around $17,500. plus the extra costs.

You said you wanted AC and long bed. The long bed is $1285 and AC is $850. Together they are $2135. over the $16,395 base price that you reference and you did not add delivery and prep, sales tax, doc fees, license and registration to your figures. Also, the offer from Ford is $4000. cash back OR the incentive financing NOT both, read the offer carefully.

I have purchased many new cars and played all of the factory incentive games and I know how they work. You cannot buy a new truck with a payment of $100. unless the amount borrowed is no more than $6200. this assumes you can get they factory 4.9% 72mo intrest rate.
Look it up, there are many payment calculators online, I used bankrate.com .

If you make a deal on a new 2009 Ranger with long bed and AC, trade in the Explorer, use the factory financing and end up with a payment of $100 or less without having to make at least a $7000. cash down payment, I will make your first payment for you.
Not going to happen, no way, no how.

When you get your truck post the details of the deal, I am sure we would all like to see what you came up with.
Yeah the long bed might be out of the question and I agree that getting the payment to $100 or less would require more down. So far it is looking like a payment of about $140 if I pay tax/lic up front. Just have to see what the loan rate ends up being. That is close to $100 and doable.

Sorry if my last post came off harsh. Running on almost 0 sleep and still have tons of work to get done in the next few days.. Along with trying to figure out what I am doing with this dang Exploder.

Read the fine print on the cash for clunker program.

Fuel mileage numbers need to be improved greatly over what your buying... I posted the link in WTAR a couple weeks ago. Search the net for it..
10-4, from what the sales guy @ South Bay Ford has told me is that because I am going to a 4cly stick that I will get $4500 for trade vs $3500 if I was to get an auto.

Anyone know a good credit union in LA that anyone can join?

trent06

Mush
Reaction
If you are still open to doing this deal through whoever, PM me and I can give you my dad's phone number. Our Ford, Licoln, and Mercury dealership is in Parker, AZ and if you dont mind the drive we will work with you. PM me if you are interested.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
If you are still open to doing this deal through whoever, PM me and I can give you my dad's phone number. Our Ford, Licoln, and Mercury dealership is in Parker, AZ and if you dont mind the drive we will work with you. PM me if you are interested.
wouldn't have sales tax going to parker if i am right

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
yes you would being as you bring it back to CA...

BUT DO ALL YOUR DEALINGS WITH PMC (Parker Motor Company)... dan beaver will HOOK YOU UP..

i was comfortable with the $42,000 i was going to pay for a off the lot 2006 F-250 diesel from a "friend" at sunland ford in victorville. Dan Saved me $1000 on a custom ordered truck that had $3000 worth of extra's compared to my friend deal at sunland. which was still $6000 cheaper than anything in the I.E.

worst you can do is give him a call and have him work up an invoice. its WORTH your time

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
the sales tax, license, and registration was included in my invoice for the truck amount. AND the ACTUAL license plate was on my brand new truck when i flew into parker to pick it up a day after it was delivered ;)

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
what did ya come up with?

trent06

Mush
Reaction
yes you would being as you bring it back to CA...

BUT DO ALL YOUR DEALINGS WITH PMC (Parker Motor Company)... dan beaver will HOOK YOU UP..

i was comfortable with the $42,000 i was going to pay for a off the lot 2006 F-250 diesel from a "friend" at sunland ford in victorville. Dan Saved me $1000 on a custom ordered truck that had $3000 worth of extra's compared to my friend deal at sunland. which was still $6000 cheaper than anything in the I.E.

worst you can do is give him a call and have him work up an invoice. its WORTH your time
the sales tax, license, and registration was included in my invoice for the truck amount. AND the ACTUAL license plate was on my brand new truck when i flew into parker to pick it up a day after it was delivered ;)
PM has been sent.....:)
what did ya come up with?
Thanks for all the kind words, we try to treat the off-road family right as they have always treated us right. I have passed Tony's info onto my dad so I hope it can happen....

Also I would like to say that we are the second oldest family owned and operated dealership in the state of Arizona behind Sanderson Ford in Phoenix. Our family has owned the Ford dealership in Parker since 1916, and being in such a small town you guys, the returning customers, are the ones that make us continue to be able to serve you guys. Thanks.