• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ford vs Ferrari Peter Miles PPI

burro8

I saw the movie and was looking up information on Ken Miles. I n doing so I read that Ken's son Peter use to work for Cal Wells PPI Toyota Team and was Ivan's crew chief.

firedog

"Uncle Pete" as we know him also worked for Wide Open Baja along with Tom Morris and James DeGaine

Crusty Shellback

Yep. Movie was awsome.
W4 hour war gives you a lot of history on both sides. It's on Netflix.
Carroll Shelby, the lost interview is on youtube and is in interesting as well.

y2kbaja

Movie story was good, the racing was Days of Thunder. I lost it when they showed him shifting with his right hand, then showed outside car and it was right hand drive, shifter would have been on the left. There was a lot of left vs right seating bloopers. And the shifting at 200 mph to make a pass. ugh. Go Cole Trickle.

Crusty Shellback

Y2K, are you sure the GT 40 didn't have a shiftier on the right? Might have even though it was right hand drive. I don't know for sure, never seen the inside of a GT 40.

Saw a few interviews, the accidents were real, no CGI. Also the accidents were recreated from the original race. Lot of attention to detail.

In one of the Cobra races, Can't remember if it was riverside or The Willows, you will see a red cobra with the number 198 on the side. That is Dick Smiths Cobra, fastest recorded speed in a Cobra, 198 MPH.

y2kbaja

A few google search images later and I stand corrected, it looks like there is a right hand shifter for a right hand drive GT40.

BajaFand

Haven’t seen the movie so don’t know if they explain why, but I did not know the GT40’s were right hand drive. Why the hell was an American built car right hand drive? Required that way by rules?

y2kbaja

Pits were on the right with no barrier to the track