Ford vs. Toyota!

orvacian

Reaction
Ok, why is one the one you love and/or one the one you love to hate? What do you see as being a advantage or disadvantage with each? Lets just compare the Ranger to the 89-95 Toyota truck or the Tacoma, or even the Ford 4x4 to Toyota 4x4.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
not a whole lot you can do with the 4wd beam that are on the fords

Driver Returns On Foot

"THE FASTER YOU GO, THE SMOOTHER IT IS!"

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
So far from the truth!! Talk toJason at Camburg!!

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Not alot you can do with 4x4 ford I beams??????? 20+" of travel; with 4x4!

RacerX

Reaction
You can do alot with the 4wd beams. Ive seen some 4wd rangers and F150's go pretty fast.

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
one word, FORD! the perfect reason why rangers suck! Just kidding but i love my tacoma and i know tons of guys whos toyotas have been going forever! Im sure there are some rangers that have lots of miles but I think toyotas in general last. Really I dont care, I would take a built ford in a heartbeat but I just like toyotas, maybe someone can tell me why i like toyotas besides the fact that i have one. I do like the a arm setup better for handling purposes but im sure if done right rangers can handle well. I dont know im tired, if i think of something better then ill post it.

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
But how much $ does that run? Looks expensive as to where you can get a toyota 4x setup for around 3200 or so i think, of course not as nice (no bypass and whatever) but that explorer is pretty cool, I guess its all about how much you want to spend.

Donahoe

Reaction
I got you beat Jerry (12 years ago).... TOYOTA 4wd 22" of wheel travel... Just Playing Devils Advocate For the TOYOTA BOYS

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Attachments

Donahoe

Reaction
That thing was the Biggest POS I EVER RACED....But it was really cool to look at... LOL

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well that just goes to prove a point....Toyota's can pull 22" with 4WD no problem even a while ago and the Herbst on their FORD seemed to have problems pulling 22"-24" with their unlimited budget lol

:)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
yeah that EXPLODER is Very nice and very unique, but how many are out there besides yours? Especially those with off the shelf kits. what i ment is that there is not a whole lot you can do being an avereage consumer.

"THE FASTER YOU GO, THE SMOOTHER IT IS!"

gary

Reaction
my vote is toyota, but what do i know....

kreg, what's that piece on the lower arm, inboard of the shock/limit strap mount? looks like some kind of a roller torsion bar mount, since idon't see any coils? close???

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Hey Jerry are those 4WD F-150 beams, or stock ones or extended ones or what? I am wondering how you get 20" out of stock if those are stock. Is it easy, and is that a kit of yours that is or will be for sale?

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

fox_mccloud2000

Reaction
I was wondering if your 4Runner is still running and racing? And why is it a P.O.S? I have an '87 4Runner and it still runs well. So can you also tell me some more information about your 4Runner. Please

-matt-

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
How much would that cost if I brought in a 4wd Explorer and said " Hey Jason, do the exact same thing to mine".

Would it cost more then the Tacoma kit? If not i'm trading my Toyota in! :)

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."