forks slapping

95f150

Just got full revalve/rebuild of my forks and shock at Race Tech in Corona. Suspension felt really good, but anytime I would have the front end become decompressed (ie hit a jump), i would have the forks "slap" on the rebound. it didnt sound very good, but what do you guys think? maybe just break em in? thanks

dirtdudeaz

I dont know what a slap means? You are bottoming out? THey are hitting eachother? the fork tubes are moving in the triple clamps? explain a little more

95f150

I think he means as the fork rebound to full extension it sounds like the piston "slaps" the end of the fork?
Yes, when it rebounds the it sounds like the fork pistons slam against the fork body or something.

dirtdudeaz

If it's like Matt D says then you can always try adjusting the rebound settings. Adjust one click at a time and make it slower rebound. Take it out after 1 click and ride it and see if the sound or feeling goes away. If it doesn't do anything after 5 or 6 clicks and it is still just as "bad" as when you started, then something could be wrong.

95f150

Yeah I will take it out next week for Thanks giving and try that. Hopefully they didn't **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA** it up too bad. 1200 bucks for a pair of possibly broken forks. Now that's what I call good service!

The difference between good service and bad service is what they do after you have a problem. If they make it right then it is good service if they fix what is wrong........they can't do anything until you let them know there is a problem.

95f150

I completely agree with you on that one. I will call 'em up Monday and see whats up. I'll keep you guys tuned in on whats goin on

stgil888

It sounds like something is allowing a hard top out. I don't know what brand/year of forks you have, but that's sometimes the result of something not being built/rebuilt correctly. When you call them you might want to say that the forks are topping out hard or some variant of that.

95f150

Its an 06 yz250. They felt really good, but the sound is what alarmed me that something isnt right

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
It sounds like something is allowing a hard top out. I don't know what brand/year of forks you have, but that's sometimes the result of something not being built/rebuilt correctly. When you call them you might want to say that the forks are topping out hard or some variant of that.

I agree with this post. Take them back to Race tech. You should never feel it top out or wors,e hear it.

95f150

Maybe its the rebound? Its valved/sprung for a 240 expert desert rider.