Fortin vs. Weddle HV25 -Want am I missing? School me Please

De Minimis

Reaction
As of now, I plan on going with a Weddle HV 25 but Fortin has never been far from my mind. Dual Sport build. On paper, Weddle seems a no-brainer. Am I missing something? Comparing a Fortin 4 speed (because of the larger gears) to the HV25:
Cost (Weddle for the big win).
Gears 25mm vs 27 (Weddle for the win).
Rebuild cost (Weddle for the big win).
Parts Availability (I'm thinking, based on what I've read in the past, Weddle gets the nod here)
Both have 10" R&Ps (Push)
With Fortin, can run a TC, and have a PS or TC pump on the end (none of which matter to me for my application).

Don't want to get too much in the available options, but the comparisons above seem overly one-sided. Like I asked, what am I missing here? Thanks.

GEARDOC

Reaction
Sounds like you've made up your mind. I don't know too much about the HV-25, so I'll address the Fortin side.
Fortin 25mm gear is made from some seriously tough steel. Made in the UK. Their heat treating process is top notch.
Are there any HV-25 transmissions running in class1? Not hating, just curious. Fortin 4 speed has won numerous championships in all the desert racing bodies.
Obviously I'm biased, so you should do your homework and decide what's best for your application.

De Minimis

Reaction
Thanks for the response. I haven't made up my mind, so that's why I'm asking. The HV-25 is pretty new, so I don't know of it being used in any race applications as of yet. I do know Weddle suggests keeping the HP to under 500 and keeping tires to 33" (to say on the R&P wear), but they are over cautious. Don't see a lot of 33s on Class 1s, so that says something right there. Thanks again.

JLongo

Reaction
We raced the HV-25 in a class 10 car with great luck and the guys from Weddle are top notch!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Robin Hood

Reaction
As of now, I plan on going with a Weddle HV 25 but Fortin has never been far from my mind. Dual Sport build. On paper, Weddle seems a no-brainer. Am I missing something? Comparing a Fortin 4 speed (because of the larger gears) to the HV25:
Cost (Weddle for the big win).
Gears 25mm vs 27 (Weddle for the win).
Rebuild cost (Weddle for the big win).
Parts Availability (I'm thinking, based on what I've read in the past, Weddle gets the nod here)
Both have 10" R&Ps (Push)
CUSTOMER SERVICE...(WEDDLE FOR THE BIG WIN!)