Forum issues

Zambo

Reaction
1. Is this forum creeping like molasses for anyone else except me?

2. Who do I talk to about a classified I posted in the prerunner section....the info when you click on the link to my ad is AFU.

Zambo

Reaction
Well I guess its just me that's going slow. And sorry about posting this here about my ad but I did send a pm to a mod quite a while ago with no response so sorry about cluttering up the board.

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Yeah, I noticed it was slow and not loading right too.

Too bad your Dodge didn't have a diesel, we'd be talking.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Well I guess its just me that's going slow. And sorry about posting this here about my ad but I did send a pm to a mod quite a while ago with no response so sorry about cluttering up the board.
Sorry we didn't respond to your issues within the 1hour and 7 minutes on a Sunday.

Zambo

Reaction
Don't get your panties in a bunch klaus. I was referring to if anybody else was bogging down on the speed, not complaining about you not fixing my ad quickly enough. But now that you bring it up, I have to say that in the last year I have had just about 3 or 4 issues that I needed help with and have sent multiple messages to the moderators and have received precisely zero responses from any of them. I appreciate the website, I really do, but I've never seen a forum (and I belong to a bunch of them covering a wide range of topics) with such slow responses. If you don't care about that then there's not much I can do, but just take it for what its worth.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Don't get your panties in a bunch klaus. I was referring to if anybody else was bogging down on the speed, not complaining about you not fixing my ad quickly enough. But now that you bring it up, I have to say that in the last year I have had just about 3 or 4 issues that I needed help with and have sent multiple messages to the moderators and have received precisely zero responses from any of them. I appreciate the website, I really do, but I've never seen a forum (and I belong to a bunch of them covering a wide range of topics) with such slow responses. If you don't care about that then there's not much I can do, but just take it for what its worth.
PM me your address and ill send you a refund for your add, sorry about that. Also add me to the list of people you PM when you have problems as I must not already be on it.

Zambo

Reaction
PM me your address and ill send you a refund for your add, sorry about that. Also add me to the list of people you PM when you have problems as I must not already be on it.
No I didn't pm you, I did not know you were a moderator but I will in the future. Look fellas, I've tried to be clear about a couple of things but if I wasn't then let me restate.
1. I know the site is free and I appreciate it. I don't expect a lot for free.
2. My post wasn't designed to slam anyone for slow response. After my initial post had fifty something views and nobody responded to it (not just moderators, anyone), I posted that I guess I was the only one who was bogging down. It wasn't meant to jump on the mods for not responding quickly enough about my ad and if it sounded like that you have my apologies.
3. Long before I posted anything, I attempted to contact the mods privately rather than start a public post. After the better part of two days with no response, and with this being at least the 3rd or 4th time I've tried to contact mods (with no response), I decided to put the post up in hopes of trying to get something fixed on my ad.

Now, having said all of that, and reiterating that I know the site is free and the ad is free, let me ask you a question: Do you care when someone's ad is AFU or does it not matter? Do you want this site to run smoothly or do you not care? If the answer to either question is the latter then I'll just keep any observations I have about any deficiencies to myself and not bother any of you with them.

If anybody cares to look into it, my ad is now gone completely, and I don't think its the only one, there seems to be quite a number of ads that were placed in May for prerunners that were deleted. If its in the process of being fixed or whatever thank you, if not let me know and I'll resubmit it. BTW, I have had some hits on that ad and I really need to sell that truck, although the only way people could get in touch with me is by PM since none of the contact info listed was posted properly.

Zambo

Reaction
Thank you fishdood. Its not there so I will re-submit it. Do you know offhand how much a feature ad costs? There doesn't seem to be one available, however a couple of the feature ads that are currently showing don't link to anything so I was thinking maybe they are expired or something. Specifically the one about the centerline rims and the one that says chevy prerunner but shows a buggy.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Thank you fishdood. Its not there so I will re-submit it. Do you know offhand how much a feature ad costs? There doesn't seem to be one available
They are $95/month. There are currently no spots open. Those 2 adds have just expired and are possibly renewing so check back within the next day or so and there could be an opening. There is no waiting list its just first come so keep an eye out for a blank spot.

Zambo

Reaction
Thank you. I reposted my ad. The pictures didn't show up but at least the contact info and link to my photobucket works now.

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I've tried to reply and/or start new threads but I keep on getting a "your message is too short error". I doesn't seem to matter how much I write, it could be a paragraph or two. *crosses fingers that this works*