• Forum membership has its advantages....

Forum Update Blues

Fourstroker

Seems to be doing some weird stuff for me. New posts jumping in out of order and in a smaller box, not marking read threads, etc. Im using Chrome BTW

Thanks

1566424138466.png

Klaus

Administrator
The threads that have direct comment-replies show up as unread. We are aware of it and will apply a fix soon.

Replying to threads in a nested way is a new future we are now using. This idea is that you directly reply top a post and your comment stays right below that post vs. the end of the thread. It mimics the conversation behavior of reddit/youtube/facebook
Conversations may stay more on target.

Klaus

Administrator
I made a small change that hopefully helps.

Comments and replies now have their own links.

- Comments place your comment right below a post.
- Replies act more the classic way and place your reply at the very end of the thread.

Fourstroker

Obviously your site but I don't like it. It works for facebook, etc when the lifespan of thread is short (ie hours or days). With threads that last months or even years on here I think it will be confusing to try to follow a thread. My opinion of course.

As for the threads that I have already read showing as still showing as having unread posts. That still persists. My example is the Class 5 thread in the Desert Racing forum. I have read it 3 times, refreshed, etc. Still shows unread posts. Thanks

CMA GUMBY

Switching devices shows threads unread. I have to read again. I go between my phone and tablet depending on where I am at. Haven't gotten home to the laptop yet... All running Chrome as default.