Reaction
1st broken picture

Attachments

• 56155-broke1.jpg
    56155-broke1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 487

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
last pic the truck drove for about 5 mile before the bolt going through the mono ball broke due to the geometry change of the bent upper arm, the kit was a set of custom upper arms with 1" mono balls cut and bent lower a-arms then boxed in it pulled 10" of travel back in 1997 it was the I failed spelling after this I went to the CST LT kit....oh ya it was a 1996 chevy x-cab 2wd....Mike

Attachments

• 56158-patch2.jpg
    56158-patch2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 369

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
cuz on a 2wd chevy thats the easiest I have mounted them in other places but what did you have in mind?....Mike

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I dunno. Never paid attention to a chevy. I just recall seeing the fabtech longtravel kit with the double shocks on top and wondered if that is where the idea came from.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
on 2wd chevys its really hard to find a spot and make it strong mine was ontop of the a-arm John Bitting had his mounted to the lower arm but I think it affected his turning radius? and on Steve's 94' 2wd chevy we ran a King with an 8" body with a 16 3/4" shaft and when through the center of the coil bucket and mounted it to the lower arm and added an air bump that was the best set up on a non coilover chevy I have ever riden in that was street legal anyways...as far as where it can from I dont know but I know this arm was made before any one offered a dual shock tubular upper arm like this one....Mike

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Steering was not affected at all, tire did not come close to hitting it, maybe on a 3.0 bypass but I was using a standard 2.5 8" travel shock. It was Jamie Campbells idea and it came out bitchin and worked really good. The guy that bought it still using it daily and its still holding strong.

Mike and Steve were the first to build decent chevys as parts came out. I used to have to drive my wife by steves house twice a week to let her see what I wanted to do next to my truck that was already done to Steves. I must have made 200 trips before my truck was completed..