Four Americans murdered in Tijuana

fordnut

Reaction
This really sucks to read about.

Four who went to party in Tijuana found dead
By Sandra Dibble Union-Tribune Staff Writer, Pauline Repard Union-Tribune Staff Writer

Originally published 10:29 p.m. May 13, 2009, updated 12:07 a.m., May 14, 2009

TIJUANA – Authorities are investigating the slayings of four young people, at least three of them from Chula Vista, whose bodies were found early Saturday inside a van parked in a residential neighborhood of Tijuana.

The Baja California Attorney General's Office identified the victims as Brianna Hernandez Aguilera, 19; Carmen Jimenez Ramos Chavez, 20; Oscar Jorge Garcia Cota, 23; and Luis Antonio Games, 21.

Three had been strangled, and one had suffered head wounds, said a source in the Attorney General's Office, who asked not to be identified because department rules prohibit making public statements to the media.

The women were from Chula Vista, police from that city said.

“How often do you have a quadruple murder? If that happened here, there would be an outrage,” Chula Vista police Lt. Scott Arsenault said.

“I just don't think kids should be going to Tijuana right now. They ran into the wrong people, obviously.”

According to the Attorney General's Office, at least three of the victims lived in Chula Vista, but officials did not specify which ones. It identified the young men and Hernandez as U.S. citizens. But Lauren Mack, spokeswoman in San Diego for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said agents had confirmed that only two victims were U.S. citizens.

An office spokesman said the four crossed the border frequently, and had gone to Tijuana to party.

Their bodies were found at 12:55 a.m. Saturday. They were covered with blankets inside a 1995 burgundy van with California license plates in a residential community known as Fraccionamiento Valle Dorado in eastern Tijuana.

A rosary was said Wednesday night for Garcia at Glen Abbey Memorial Park and Mortuary in Bonita. The chapel overflowed with mourners.

Family members declined to talk to reporters, but one woman said her son, 19, had been friends with Garcia since childhood and they had attended Southwest High School in Nestor.

“He's from very nice people,” said the friend's mother. “In Tijuana, the violence is terrible. If you party over there, you don't know who those people are. That's why I don't let my son go over there.”

Agents are investigating whether the killings could be connected to the relationship of one of the victims with someone serving prison time in the United States on drug charges, said another source in the Baja California Attorney General's Office.

The women had been reported missing by their parents more than 24 hours after they left their homes last Thursday night to go to Tijuana, said Arsenault, the Chula Vista lieutenant.

He said the missing persons report stated Hernandez told her parents she was going to spend the night at Ramos' house. The women then told Ramos' parents they were going out, about 9:30 p.m. The parents told police they thought the women were headed for Tijuana.

About 11 the next night the two mothers got together, worried that their daughters had not answered their cell phones, Arsenault said. Shortly after midnight, they called Chula Vista police. An officer talked to the mothers and took a report. Arsenault said he did not know when authorities in Mexico contacted the families about the deaths.

“It's an absolute shame,” he said. “I'm sure they didn't have a chance.”

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/13/bn13tjdead-update/?metro

djhspawn

Reaction
This blows.... Just as it looked like our border towns had settled down a little.

swiftracing5

Reaction
This is in another thread under Whatever. The victims were connected to drug running anyways.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Go to Baja to race.

Don't go to TJ to party......In fact don't go to TJ for ANYTHING.

Cross in Tecate and go down through the Guadalupe Valley to Ensenada. Avoid TJ and Rosarito completely.

See you nut jobs at the 5 Hundy! Last one to the finish line is a rotten egg!!!!

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
all people need to walk whole team together not walk by yourself it not safe

Baja Fool

Reaction
Just get on and stay on the toll road til at least Puerto Nuevo where you can grab lobster for a quick snack...I must confess; once in a while, I do a hit & run on "La Flor de Michoacan" aka "The Pig" in Rosarito, north end of town. Best carnitas ever, "just to die for"....sorta.

And like Kicker says; don't travel alone...safety in the herd.

p.s. If there are Americans killed in a border town, almost guaranteed to be drug related....still not good though.

randy s

Reaction
been said a million times. if you're scared, then stay home and leave the fun to us. simple as that.

randy s

Reaction
Go to Baja to race.

Don't go to TJ to party......In fact don't go to TJ for ANYTHING.

Cross in Tecate and go down through the Guadalupe Valley to Ensenada. Avoid TJ and Rosarito completely.

See you nut jobs at the 5 Hundy! Last one to the finish line is a rotten egg!!!!
mike or anyone. is that road still all tore up? last time i was on it, it was pretty inconvenient.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
What does this have to do with desert racing? Sounds like the "noise" this other Baja article talks about.

It sucks that 4 people got murdered no matter what the circumstances, but the connection in this case is not off-road related. Maybe drug running? We don't know the case but even the short news clip hints in that direction.

ChrisW

Reaction
Every one knows what TJ is...you wouldn't hang out in Compton either....

You don't hang out in a barber shop if you don't want a haircut!

fordnut

Reaction
What does this have to do with desert racing? Sounds like the "noise" this other Baja article talks about.

It sucks that 4 people got murdered no matter what the circumstances, but the connection in this case is not off-road related. Maybe drug running? We don't know the case but even the short news clip hints in that direction.
Sorry about that. Just read the article and put it up without thinking. I guess I have a one track mind. Every time I think about Baja, I think about off-road racing.

Homes

Reaction
Era buscado por tráfico de personas joven asesinado en Tijuana: PGJE

TIJUANA, Baja California(PH)

Uno de los tres jóvenes estadounidenses que fueron encontrados ejecutados la tarde del sábado en Tijuana contaba con antecedentes de penales por tráfico de personas.

Jesús Quiñones, director de Enlace Internacional de la Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado (PGJE), informó que al revisar los expedientes de los hoy occisos, fue el de nombre Óscar Jorge García Tercero el que contaba con antecedentes penales por tráfico de personas, incluso tenía una orden de aprehensión en su contra en Estados Unidos del pasado 18 de enero del 2008.

Con relación a las otras víctimas, el director de enlace indicó que no han obtenido ninguna información ni del lado mexicano ni en Estados Unidos, sin embargo, se está trabajando de manera ardua con las autoridades del vecino país para poder resolver este caso.

Homes

Reaction
El Subprocurador señaló que una de las mujeres contaba con residuos de cocaína en su sangre y, debido a las declaraciones de los familiares de los occisos, al parecer tenían amistades con personas vinculadas con el tráfico de drogas

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
mike or anyone. is that road still all tore up? last time i was on it, it was pretty inconvenient.
Was just thru there a couple of weeks ago. Most of it has been repaved lately. It was in overall good condition. Looks like they are in the process of repaving the whole road. There was one place that had a major detour but it wasn't that bad.

Baja Fool

Reaction
El Subprocurador señaló que una de las mujeres contaba con residuos de cocaína en su sangre y, debido a las declaraciones de los familiares de los occisos, al parecer tenían amistades con personas vinculadas con el tráfico de drogas
Quick & dirty, they had cocaine in their blood and ran around w/drug traffickers............what a shock.

Baja Fool

Reaction

Thanks

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
just got back from an epic weekend in santa veronica had fun
just be safe and smart

see ya down at the 5hundi

200MPHTape

Reaction
Just get on and stay on the toll road til at least Puerto Nuevo where you can grab lobster for a quick snack...I must confess; once in a while, I do a hit & run on "La Flor de Michoacan" aka "The Pig" in Rosarito, north end of town. Best carnitas ever, "just to die for"....sorta.
Is that the one on the Libre road to TJ? I can remember a Carnitas place on the west side of the that road just North of were the Toll Road turned west, best damn Carnitas ever. You could go inside and eat or order at the window. They would put out bowls with this red liquid in it that would attract the flies. They would have piles of flies laying around each of the bowls.