• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fox Evol or Elkas ???

kingkong414

Ok guys, I need some input. I am putting together another Honda TRX 700 XX. Only thing left to finish is the shocks. I am running Houser A-arms and have been running Elka stage 4 shocks. I am considering switching shocks from Elka to Fox. We blew 3 Elkas at the Baja 500. 1 prerunning and 2 during the race. Is anyone out there running Fox ????? If so whats your opinion??? Please any advise or input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help......

trentk

I'd recommend Motowoz shocks, there is another thread on here on page 1 or 2 where a guy was asking the same question and I think he ended up going with Motowoz after all the good feedback he got on here, go read that one for more info.

I think elkas are fine if you get them setup right by a good shock person. I don't have much experience riding on fox shocks but they seem very capable, lots of fast guys using them.

ceballos

You can't go wrong with either one. Any properly tuned shock that is dialed in and set up to a rider, will perform like no other.

Hayward Racing

EVOL's take a bit of time to dial in right but they are definitely capable, plush as ever too.

kingkong414

I agree its odd. It's something that shouldnt happen when you invest that much money. We have 3 quads all equipped with Elkas. We blew a front and a rear on the race bike. And we blew a rear on one of the prerunners. also know team Matlock blew 3 during the San Felipe 250. I am just considering a change on this new quad. Might try the Motowoz, not sure yet. I do appreciate all the input.

Vtr_Racing

Who is doing the setup work on the shocks? Is Elka doing the service on them and what did they say about this? I would most certainly let Elka inspect these things to figure it out. They will make them right or if there is some internal parts issues they can fix it. I cant say much about the TRX700 shocks since we dont use that bike. Its ALOT heavier then the 450r.

Vtr_Racing

Elka will be at the Quadx at Glen Helen this weekend. Maybe you could get some answers. One of the lead engineers is supposed the be there.

kingkong414

Glen Helen is a little to far a drive for me.....no prob though, we will get them fixed up....the quad is currently on display in one of the riders dealership in Kansas. Once we get it back to Dallas we will pull the shocks and send them to Elka for inspection and rebuild. I am just interested in what other guys are running. We currently have 3 quads running elkas. I might give another brand a try on this new bike. I am really interested in the Motowoz....

J.Gray

Bilstien.....
Yes the best shocks out.
Hey you need to call ryan from epic we ride the 3A 700xx and run bilstiens it is by far the best shocks after sf 250 the bike did not change from start to finish look at the videos on youtube of 3a at sf250 and watch it work. pm me if you want contact info.

Harpo

I agree, Bilstien hands down! I still run Elkas, but they want none of the Bilstiens

Harpo

Quote from Doug at Bilstien
"Running an emulsion shock on a quad is like running leaf springs on a Trophy Truck"

Random Thoughts Racing

3a_2011SF.jpg
Quote from Doug at Bilstien
"Running an emulsion shock on a quad is like running leaf springs on a Trophy Truck"
That sounds like something I would say...

Contact Ryan Wheeler at Epic racing for more info on the Bilstein 450 and 700 Bilstein products. The Bilstein patented Anti Cavitation Valve (ACV) works amazingly well on these bikes.

ceballos

Not to be talking down on anyone, but it seems like Epic doesn't want to sell them. I know people can be busy with their race schedules and their business alone, but I've been trying to purchase these since the end of last year. The communication sucks! Joel at Bilstein was the one who gave me some info on them, but he said he couldn't sell them to me.

A Vance

Yeah bilstien needs to find someone to sell them. Not even sure if epic is even selling arms or what is going on there but there is a market out there if they were to start selling them. Anyone have contact info for joel? I have motowoz on my 450 and have to say the elkas i ran on it were better than the motowoz. I have heard the fox shocks are great too.

Team E

Not to be talking down on anyone, but it seems like Epic doesn't want to sell them. I know people can be busy with their race schedules and their business alone, but I've been trying to purchase these since the end of last year. The communication sucks! Joel at Bilstein was the one who gave me some info on them, but he said he couldn't sell them to me.
Not to be talking down on anyone, but seems you received prices on the Bilstein shocks and decided to pass on them!!! We still have the email with the price quote but I can post it on here if you would like, I just didn't want to be rude...If you are interested in Purchasing Bilsteins for your Trx700xx let us know or PM me!!!