Fox Floats?

Hayward Racing

Anyone running them on there quad? How are they in the desert? MX guys seem to love them but haven't heard much from any desert rats.

sstrunk

I use them I like them alot. They are really adjustable. Some people say that they fade but I have not noticed it and I have raced vegas to reno on them lots of prerunning in baja, and some local races. I think they are good

Hayward Racing

I use them I like them alot. They are really adjustable. Some people say that they fade but I have not noticed it and I have raced vegas to reno on them lots of prerunning in baja, and some local races. I think they are good
That is what someone else told me is that some of the air seaps out especially during longer rides/races. I'm going to buy a Long Travel setup for my Raptor and am seriously considering it. Doing me some homework, thanks for chiming in.

D Bergstrom

I am running them on one of my 450R's. Quad gets ridden just about every weekend, and ends up being raced in a couple local races a year. (Approx. 120 miles in length each.) I have never noticed any fading or air leaking out of them. No matter how long I let them set, they are still at the same pressure I set them at.

I am happy with the Evol's, my only complaint is that they are a little harsh on the smaller bumps, but work really good on big impacts. If I set them up to work better on the little stuff, they are to soft for the big stuff. I know this is a trade off on all supension, but just seems more pronounced on these shocks compared to a standard coil shock I have ran. For racing, I actually prefered the revalved/resprung Elka's I had on my BITD quad. (Currently changing setups on my BITD quad, going with Motowoz, so we shall see how those work.) Again, I think they are a good shock and they have been trouble free, I think I just prefer the "feel" of a standard coil shock.

Doug

jfracerzr

i have elkas on my 450
but one of my dads employees runs the whole worcs series and some supermoto and he loves the fox floats

ADTR14

I am running them on one of my 450R's. Quad gets ridden just about every weekend, and ends up being raced in a couple local races a year. (Approx. 120 miles in length each.) I have never noticed any fading or air leaking out of them. No matter how long I let them set, they are still at the same pressure I set them at.

I am happy with the Evol's, my only complaint is that they are a little harsh on the smaller bumps, but work really good on big impacts. If I set them up to work better on the little stuff, they are to soft for the big stuff. I know this is a trade off on all supension, but just seems more pronounced on these shocks compared to a standard coil shock I have ran. For racing, I actually prefered the revalved/resprung Elka's I had on my BITD quad. (Currently changing setups on my BITD quad, going with Motowoz, so we shall see how those work.) Again, I think they are a good shock and they have been trouble free, I think I just prefer the "feel" of a standard coil shock.

Doug
As far as adjustability goes which do you think is better spring or air? From what I've read (correct me if i'm wrong) Air shocks like axis and fox are only valved for rider weight? Meaning you can use the same shocks for a variety of racing/riding. Unlike spring shocks that are set-up for rider weight and a specific type of racing.

I've heard nothing but good things about motowoz and they seem to be priced a little cheaper than some of the other companies. What a-arms/swing-arm are you using?

D Bergstrom

As far as adjustability goes which do you think is better spring or air? From what I've read (correct me if i'm wrong) Air shocks like axis and fox are only valved for rider weight? Meaning you can use the same shocks for a variety of racing/riding. Unlike spring shocks that are set-up for rider weight and a specific type of racing.
When I ordered my floats, the only setup info asked from me was make of quad, a-arms used, and if I weighed over 225 pounds. (Fox has a optional heavier valving spec for people over 225.) That was it, nothing about type of riding, class, etc. They are really adjustable, but since no one makes a air shock for the rear, you still have a coil shock that you would need to have changed for different riding types. In my opinion, springs hold up the weight of you and the quad, while the valving does the work, so valving does vary with the type of riding. Once I recover from the rebuild of the race quad and have a little extra cash, I plan on sending my Fox's out to get revalved to see if I can get them working a little better. I personally feel if you have a shock valved for you particular style of riding, it will work better then a "one size fits all" valving.

What a-arms/swing-arm are you using?
I am using Ed Teixeira's (Teixeira Tech) a-arms and linkage with a stock 2008 swingarm. (My BITD quad is 2004 TRX450R.) I have been using Ed's linkage and arms on the 450R with the Fox shocks and have been happy with them. I have also heard good things about Motowoz and wanted to give them a try. Just waiting to get everything so I can start testing.:D

Doug

Hayward Racing

Hey everyone thanks for chiming in... So I am going to go ahead and give the floats a try, should be picking them up tomorrow. Another question though...

Which A-Arm setup should I go with?? I've been looking at Houser, Laeger's, & LSR... Roll Design is just a little out my budget!

D Bergstrom

Which A-Arm setup should I go with?? I've been looking at Houser, Laeger's, & LSR... Roll Design is just a little out my budget!
I would go with Houser. I used the same set of arms for a couple of years of racing and never had one problem with them. I also liked the fact they used a needle bearing at the pivots instead of a bushing, as long as the bearing is maintained it should last forever.

Doug

trentk

I am not positive but I thought I read on some other forums that laegers was out of business and people were having a hard time getting their parts? I have heard a lot of good things about Houser. I personally run JD Performance arms, I have 3 sets of them on the 3 quads in my family and I have never had a problem and the caster adjustment on them is super simple. I know LSR makes good stuff too.

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Yes Leager is out of business.

You will not be disappointed with the Houser stuff. I am removing my Leager arms and putting the Houser arms on. I was amazed how much better the Houser stuff worked.

Hayward Racing

Got my stuff ordered and should be delivered by Wed but ya know how that goes... Went with the Fox Floats, Houser LT Arms, & Lonestar Axle & Hubs! Gonna try to get installed in time to make it out to the D38 race next weekend

Bill

Carlos Danger
Got my stuff ordered and should be delivered by Wed but ya know how that goes... Went with the Fox Floats, Houser LT Arms, & Lonestar Axle & Hubs! Gonna try to get installed in time to make it out to the D38 race next weekend
can I have your old parts that are still straight for spares?

Hayward Racing

can I have your old parts that are still straight for spares?
Sorry Bill these items are on EBAY (at least they should be now) as I need to recoup some of the $$$ I overspent..

I have Upper right & left arm, lower right arm, front shocks, & axle. Lower left arm is bent pretty bad and sprocket hubs are shot.