Fox Internal Bypass Coilover

jeff

Reaction
Has anyone got any experience with these shocks? I don't care about other brands so don't bother mentioning them and please don't turn this thread into what it's not. All I'd like to hear is some feedback, either good or bad, about the Fox shocks with the internal bypass setup. I know they've been out for a while (a year or so?) but I haven't heard much about them.

Aloha

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
It all depends on your intentions. Basically a 2" piston in the inner tube that has reeds to the outer 2.5" can. Wouds seem good for front of sand car if you only can fit a single shock.

jeff

Reaction
How about a WRX? I know there isn't a ton of piston area and I doubt it would work really well for something heavy but my guess was something relatively light might not overwhelm the shock. For a WRX it might be a worthwhile upgrade to the stock strut. Just tinkering with ideas. Anyone else have any thoughts on these shocks?

I won't even go there Aaron. Not on this thread

mattrick8888

Reaction
any pics or prices?

orvacian

Reaction
Thanks John, that's what I meant to say. LOL Aftermarket struts for the WRX usually have huge 52mm shafts because the strut acts like a upper arm so to speak. The side load is much higher then anything a coilover shock is designed to handle. The Fox shaft would probably bend the first time you drove it. Do you mean to add the Fox to the stock suspension?

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Rumered fox is going to make ALL shocks with stainless shafts now.

jeff

Reaction
I should re-phrase the question and specify this is just a generic question regarding the internal bypass shock, does it work well or doesn't it? This is beside the point but... I'd ditch the stock arms. I looked at the JDM and STI stuff (arms and struts that is) and thought I could make something with similar geometry but stronger and allow a small-ish coilover to fit in there.

Aloha

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I haven't seen one except at the show, still very new. They should work well, un like robby's you have seperate adjustments for rebound and compression. Now if they just make the new 4.3 with the same set-up......