Fox Shock Upkeep

joe1369

Reaction
Is there a way to clean the exterior of a fox by-pass shock, that is looking a little discolored without causing damage to the shock body coating???? Spray cleaners etc?? Any solutions????? Thanks:D

tinman

That dude!
Reaction
You can usually lightly clean them with a softer scotch brite pad in the solvent tank. The key is to not buff to hard going with the graining on the body.

joe1369

Reaction
You can usually lightly clean them with a softer scotch brite pad in the solvent tank. The key is to not buff to hard going with the graining on the body.
Thanks I'll give that a try, don't think scotchbrite will remove the plating!!!!!::eek:

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
I like Brite Boy metal polish. Use a soft cloth and just buff a little bit,follow up with some 409 cleaner.Dpn't get carried away, a little goes a long way.

sickdayz

Reaction
Is there a way to clean the exterior of a fox by-pass shock, that is looking a little discolored without causing damage to the shock body coating???? Spray cleaners etc?? Any solutions????? Thanks:D
I would think making your shocks look pretty would be the least of your worries... :D

joe1369

Reaction
Thanks Shannon, just bored waiting on my new a-arms and 2.5 rack? Thanks for the love!!!!:p