• Forum membership has its advantages....

Frame

frankh

Does any body know or have an older 5 unlimited frame it seems I'm in the market for one

mgobaja

Right now Dusty times sure does seem to have a lot of 5 car 's for sale and on Score's site in their classifieds some one from Brawley is selling a car also.

Mike_McCluskey

There was a guy selling just a chassis with some minor spares a while ago. Check either the RDC classifieds or the Go-Desert classifieds from a while back. Wasn't all that bad a price either.

John Bitting

Administrator
Mike, We tried that trying to help Frank out. It seems the add has come and gone but someone has to remember it. It was just the chassis for like $2500. Hopefully someone knows the guy in the case he still has it...

mike_hinson

I believe it was Jason Gilreath out of Hesperia. I bought some shocks from him about 7-8 months ago. I e-mailed him when I saw the ad for the chassis. He had already sold it. His e-mail address is gilreath@mscomm.com"]gilreath@mscomm.com[/url].

Wayne_Nosala

Is having a new one built out of the question?
It may cost a bit more & you would probably have to
wait a a couple of months, but it would be a fresh chassis
built the way YOU want, with all the newer upgrades
just a thought
Wayne

frankh

No having a new one built is probably the best way. I was looking for a way to have it ready for the night race. But will see what happens

John Bitting

Administrator
Frank since the 5 open is close to a class one. Why not build a class one chassis? Is is more money then 5 open? Does Dale just like 5 open better??

frankh

Well I don't know if he is ready to go that fast, In fact he should have started in a lower class and worked his way up, but we owned the five car so we let him try. He has been doing well. I blame myself more then him. I should have made sure that he pre-ran then at lest he would have know the course.

Clifford

Yes, the co-driver is the appropriate person to accept fault. He of all people should have known better. I mean, he does mark the course so unless his memory is foggy because of old age, then there is no excuse! Greg, it's time for confession and I am subjecting you to penance of building Mr. Hines a brand new 5 chasis! :)

JenDiggityDirt

Wow...you guys are harsh! As if Greg doesn't feel bad enough. Clifford you've been demoted from MDR Superhero to MDR lackey and John, by your logic then Greg would STILL be a better co-driver than YOU because Belden's fast lap was MUCH faster with Greg than it was with YOU at the Wild Wash....oooooooh! Uh oh....look out....battle of the co-drivers to commence at a race near you soon!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

John Bitting

Administrator
Jen, way different, you are comparing apples to oranges, You have to remember that the reason why Belden was slower with me is because of my fatass that slowed him way down, Ask him I bet he burned an extra dump can full of fuel on my lap also... :)

JenDiggityDirt

John....oh phooey...excuses excuses! Well, hopefully Greg will be able to redeem himself if Dale ever let's him ride again.

JenDiggityDirt

Of course, Frank! Back in the early 90's Greg used to help with a 5 car and he waited and waited to finally get a ride in the car. However, the day it was supposed to happen they broke before he got in the car and it was shortly after that some incidents burnt him on the whole desert racing thing. Now that he's back and has finally got to live that dream there's no way in hell I'm going to deny him that! Racers may not understand it, but for us regular folk, getting to ride in a race car or truck is just sooooo cool! I personally have no desire, but hey, it's cool Greg has been getting such a kick out of it. I may worry a bit, but knowing he's having a good time far outweighs that! Besides, he could be into streetbikes or parachuting or diving with sharks, ya know?

mxjeremy

WHOA ! ! ! What's that supposed to mean. "he could be into streetbikes or...."
Are you trying to start a WAR or something? Don't think you're safe about
that comment just cause you're on a desert racing site. Man, the nerve...

This post is humorous, really. I'm just playin Jen.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Jeremy,

I think all Jen was trying to point out is boys will be boys. And he could be doing something more dangerous... Off road racing for the most part is fairly safe..

Tony

JenDiggityDirt

Jeremy I know you're just playing. Actually it was sort of an inside joke. Greg used to be all into the streetbike thing. He had a built to [censored] GSXR 1100 which I guess is some super fast bike or something...I don't really know. But anyway he used to do insane stuff like wheelie down the freeway and go ridiculous speeds. Fortunately this was before we met and I'm VERY grateful he got out of that (after too many friends went down and not sexually speaking) because I just couldn't handle being all worried about him all the time, even if I think he has grown up since then and wouldn't do anything as lame as wheelieing down the freeway, right Greg??? Feel free to refrain from posting about how safe bikes are yadda yadda. I really don't care...I still don't want my man on one! Jeremy...we gonna see you this Sunday? What about the rest of the SORR gang?
P.S. Thanks TONY (sorry I just can't call you "Tigger" hehe) for gettin my back. Word.

vwguy

found this for you

TUBE CHASSIS CLASS 5.
ID# : 3084 ; Date posted : June 10, 2001 ;
Expire date : July 25, 2001;

Year : 1966
Make And Model : VW TUBE CHASSIS
Price $ : 1500
Name : ROB
Phone # : 602-405-1870
Brief description:
FULL TUBE CHASSIS SET UP FOR IRS AND BEAM FRONT END FULL CHASSIS CONVERTABLE BODY 3 FRONT FIBERGLASS 1 PIERCE FRONT ENDS BEARD SEATS, SEAT BELTS WINDOW NETS AIR FILTERS IN CAR AIR PUMP AS WELL AS LOTS OTHER PARTS CLEAR TIITLED AND LEGAL WILL ALSO SELL 6 OVER LONG TRAVEL CRO MOLY BEAM WILL PART OUT LOTS OF EXTRA PARTS
[e-mail] [ Guestbook (3 comments) ]

his email is CSPARKSRA@HOTMAIL.COM"]CSPARKSRA@HOTMAIL.COM[/url]