FRANNY-F100, boys first build

Getrdone

Reaction
Yes,after hourS. I’m also letting him do the tube work so it’s around his social schedule. Having just graduated high school he has been out a lot.

Getrdone

Reaction
Boy got some more lacing done! All him. I have to step back and let him fab. Wouldn’t be the boys build if I did it all!

Attachments

• C7BA8D14-96FA-4518-AFE0-4A27D53466DD.jpeg
    C7BA8D14-96FA-4518-AFE0-4A27D53466DD.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 81

McCredie A

Reaction
We are updating the CAD while building so if we were to ever build another we could order a flat pack from a laser house.

Awesome build. It is cool you are letting your son do the fab work. Based off what I quoted it sounds like pops may be building one for himself sooner than later!

Getrdone

Reaction
It’s interesting that my wheel mounting surface to WMS is the same on the trophy as my thing. I was surprised that my LCA and Frannys are within an inch of each other. With a 33” tire I am tracking 85”. If I were to some how mount a 39” project, I would be at 91”

JBuggy21

Reaction
Awesome progress man. Maybe you shared this before but do you own a shop or is this a hobby deal? Very impressive work and I love the family dynasty plan. 👍🏻

Getrdone

Reaction
I’m a small shop, but from the pics you can see I have pretty much everything a fabricator could dream of. I try to stay to a single build at a time. I do production parts for well known buggy guys that I don’t post about. Privacy thing.
Before Covid, I managed a 105k shop with 25 million of Amada lasers, press brakes, and Gima powder coating. Sad that we were probably the last mega sheet metal house in San Diego.

Getrdone

Reaction
Sounds like a dream man. Good for you getting after it. Covid shut the shop down in sd?
Yes, and everyone going to China or South Pacific. We made and perfected the Lowe’s key making machine, ECO Atm phone recycling machine, Costco ink refill machine, solar turbines, HAAS etc. All went to China after we perfected the design and cost engineered them. Many dollars in design, but others reaped the mass production. In short, design and perfect in the US, then export for other countries to profit. Mic drop! Sad.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes, and everyone going to China or South Pacific. We made and perfected the Lowe’s key making machine, ECO Atm phone recycling machine, Costco ink refill machine, solar turbines, HAAS etc. All went to China after we perfected the design and cost engineered them. Many dollars in design, but others reaped the mass production. In short, design and perfect in the US, then export for other countries to profit. Mic drop! Sad.
Ver cool stuff! I have never gotten into MASS production design quite yet but the optimization process around it has always intrigued me.

JBuggy21

Reaction
That’s an amazing facility. Really hate to hear that’s how it all went. I guess in my ignorance of how things like that work, I would think that because of covid people would see how dependent we are on other countries and domestic manufacturing might go up. Clearly not the case.