FREE dezertpeople DVD video !!!

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Now that I have your attention... ;-)

"dezertpeople - 2nd lap" is in the works and will be out this year (actually very soon).
Along with our filming at various events and during testing sessions of race teams we have room for some addl. footage.

We see hundreds of camcorders at any event and a lot of the footage only gets seen by a hand full of viewers. Why not share it with the community of desert racing fanatics.

If you have filmed anything offroad racing, Glamis or prerunner related and would like to see it in the next dp2 then contact us NOW. Don't wait as we are getting into editing mode and wont be able to use anything if submitted after March 1st.

- You will receive a free copy of the final video DVD or tape
- Your name will be in the credits
- You will get a guarantied seat and free admission at our upcoming premier party.
- One rdc gear care-package

To retain the best possible quality we would need the original tape delivered to us. We then make a copy and turn it around ASAP to you.

Please PM me or email us at klaus@dezertpeople.com & curtis@dezertpeople.com

What is dezertpeople ? Visit the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dezertpeople.com>deZertpeople website</A>

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
If your raceteam runs an inboard camera or you have helicopter footage contact us.
What better way to show your sponsor who you are by handing them a DVD with YOU in it.

Klaus

singlehanded

Reaction
Sounds cool!!!

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

mobben

Reaction
WHAT FORMAT DOES IT NEED TO BE OR WILL ANYTHING WORK. ALSO DOES IT NEED TO BE RECENT FOOTAGE ONLY?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
The format needs to be as good as possible.

Pretty much in this order: miniDV, digital8, hi8, 8mm, vhs-c.
You would mail the original tape to us unless you can make zero-generation loss copies (digital to digital with firewire link). We will turn the video around as soon as possible.

If the quality is bad but the content is really good then we might use it regardless for one small shot or so.

As of age ? Its kind of like a used car...the newer the better, but then if its really old then it becomes a classic and increases in value again. In all seriousness, anything goes. Some of the best racing happen around 92-95 in my opinion.. When the Trophy Trucks had the factories behind them.

mobben

Reaction
well i might be able to help you out. i have some good footage from the 95 fireworks when mears lost his wheel doing about 80 mph etc. i will have to find the original 8m tape. i also have some good close up trophy truck footage from the 99 fireworks and this years laughlin race etc. etc.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I want to add that we can possibly use footage copied to a DVD. I know more people have stand alone DVD burners and G4's with burners now. But the original tape could be better still because there could be some noise/artifacts that show in the footage during high speed areas. Be sure to watch for that if you have a DVD burner.

Curtis

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
dp2 aka "dezert people - The Second Lap" filming is coming along...
here is a little sneak of todays footage:

Attachments

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Looks like Plaster City to me.....

Must be the perfect testing terrain on the way to San Felipe. To bad he won't race there.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Not true at all I've run lots of FUD races in the past and really enjoy them but their's only so much time and money and with the SCORE schedule and a BITD once in awhile it's all I can fit in.Maybe if all goes well this year I will turn the truggy loose for the Dunaway Dash at New Years.

BEERMAN

dave

Reaction
Steve the truck looked and sounded really nice on Saturday ..... Good luck to you this weekend .
Klaus and Fullpull it was good seeing you guys down in our neck of the woods .... Next time we will have to hang out longer.