FREE family 4 pack to Off-Road Expo

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
yep you read the title correct... FAST-aid wants to send someone and 3 of his/her closest friends to the Off-Road Expo completely FREE!!!

.... here's the catch....

you must guess the car number and name of the driver of record in the photo below.

FAST-aid is dedicated to educating racers, crew members, volunteers, members of the media etc. to the best of their ability and will utilize any resource possible to do so. This is our (FAST-aid) attempt to educate some of those people out there that do not fully understand the harsh consequences when racing in the desert.

In short: You guess the photo, we tell you an amazing story regarding the photo and give you 4 free tickets to the Off-Road Expo.

(NOTE: All pictures were provided by the owner of the vehicle)

racer56

Chuck Rodrick #158 Dunebuggy.com

310Kid

1581 Charles Rodrick(48) Chandler, AZ,

Car: DuneBuggy KC HiLites, DuneBuggy.com, Hi Power Racing Engines, McKenzies

Other: -Gerald King (34) Chandler, AZ,
-Jeff Quinn (49) Irvine, CA,

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Vince Galewic #1545
and the picture was from the BITD Terrible's 250 at Primm 09

Fast-Aid

1545 - Vince Galewick
DING DING DING.... we have a winner!!!... i knew we should have made it harder for you guys!

One of our FAST-aid representatives had the opportunity to meet Ron Gibbs (Galewick's co-driver) at the 2009 BITD Silver State 300 and in a short period of time she learned all about Gibbs's horrifying crash at the 2008 BITD Vegas to Reno. Fortunately, Ron healed up well enough to get back in the dunebuggy.com class 1 car except this time he's in the drivers seat.

His 2008 Vegas to Reno experience was not exactly what Ron Gibbs of Parker, AZ and owner of Bad Attitude Boats had hoped for. At around race mile 67, while co-piloting the #1545 class 1 VG Racing buggy, the car suffered an upper A-arm failure. They were running at about 100 mph and the racecar was sent tumbling. The Speed Technologies team, following closely behind, described the 20 foot cloud of dust and somersaulting car as nothing less than spectacular. Fortunately, the Speed Technologies helicopter was able to land and offer assistance to Ron and his driver until the BITD helicopter could arrive and begin rescue operations. Several bars had to be cut from the cage and the roof removed in order to extricate Ron from the vehicle.

The racecar suffered relatively little chassis damage considering the violence of the crash, but Ron was not as lucky. Although, he didn’t realize the extent of his injuries at the time, at the trauma center they discovered a C-7 neck fracture and a C-10 fracture in his back. The doctors were hopeful that because the vertebrae had not shifted at the point of the fracture, stabilization would be the best treatment. He spent the next 3 months in a fiberglass neck brace. Fortunately, the treatment was successful and surgery was not required.

Although Ron was covered by insurance, there were over $40,000 in out-of-pocket expenses that were not covered. Including almost $18,000 of the over $50,000 helicopter ride from the racecourse. When asked about the overall medical costs, Ron could only say they were “out-of-control”.

At the Parker 425, on February 7, 2009, Ron returned to the desert. He strapped himself into his new #1579 Bad Attitude Boats class 1buggy that he built, with the help of dunebuggy.com, during his recovery. The new car has upgraded safety features as well as improvements to Ron’s personal protection.

A Huge THANKS goes out to Ron Gibbs and his entire crew for letting us share his story with the world in hopes that people truly understand the dangers of not wearing the proper safety equipment, things could have been A LOT worse if he wasn't. Ron WAS wearing a Head and Neck Restraint!

Thank you to RDC for letting us put this on, Mike Ingalsbee (www.mikesracephoto.com) for the countless amounts of photos and generosity he has shown us, and last but not least thank you to all who participated in our give-away!

desertracer

Thanks for the tickets! As a class 1 racer that story hits home. You guys are doing some great work spreading the safety bug.

310Kid

^^^ did no one see the write up ?? ^^^
I read your article. I as a racer always wear my neck brace whether its in the race car or just plain riding at the local track. That is awesome that he recovered, but that much money for Helo ride? Sheesh. If i knew how much that would of been i would of rode in the back of a Pick up truck hahah jk:D

Good to see ya back on the course.:)

BlueCrace

What a great picture!

yep you read the title correct... FAST-aid wants to send someone and 3 of his/her closest friends to the Off-Road Expo completely FREE!!!

.... here's the catch....

you must guess the car number and name of the driver of record in the photo below.

FAST-aid is dedicated to educating racers, crew members, volunteers, members of the media etc. to the best of their ability and will utilize any resource possible to do so. This is our (FAST-aid) attempt to educate some of those people out there that do not fully understand the harsh consequences when racing in the desert.

In short: You guess the photo, we tell you an amazing story regarding the photo and give you 4 free tickets to the Off-Road Expo.

(NOTE: All pictures were provided by the owner of the vehicle)

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
What a great picture!
i hope your joking eric.... or maybe your just arn't able to view the picture because your looking at it from your Iphone.. because, our art department (aka ME) really lacks in the photoshop skills! LOL but thanks for the compliment! this contest could not have been possible with out our good friends over at Blue C... THANKS a ton Eric and the entire Blue C crew!!

here is the original picture: