freelance prerunning?

DANKFAB

Reaction
Can you just show up before a race and prerun it?? Who do you need to talk with to be able to prerun a course. Do you need to be affiliated with a team, or can you be a freelance prerunner? Does your prerunner need to have a "legal" cage like the actual race cars do? These are just some questions I've had, and need to be answered if I am gonna be able to plan for some prerun action.

Smile and the world smiles with you.
Fart, and you'll stand alone.

martininsocal

Reaction
anyone can prerun a course as long as the course is open for prerunning. Some races don't allow prerunning and some only allow racers to prerun(laughlin) but for races held in OHV open areas, anyone can run the course. As far as what you need, just a vehicle that will get you around. Cages, etc...are recommended, but optional.

If your gonna go, go BIG

DANKFAB

Reaction
Are there any fees at like say an MDR race? Who would I contact prior to an event to confirm a prerunning will be allowed? Can I call SCORE to find out this info?

"Carpe Diem" Sieze The Day!

singlehanded

Reaction
Just go to the dezert you can prerun any weekend you want. lucerne, barstow octilla glamis ect ect ect.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

drtdevil93

Reaction
no fees at mdr. the courses are on OHV areas, so you can go run the course anytime you want to.

erik

ntsqd

Reaction
Or you can sort of pre-run at the Barstow Poker Run. Just remember that it is not a race and you are not guarunteed that you will have no opposing traffic.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
At any Mexico race ( as far as I know) you can prerun anytime you want, though you might want to wait untill the course is marked first. But at all of the BITD races ( accept this new Mexico race) they have a designated weekend for prerunning called a "Pre-fun Run", and you can only prerun on that specific weekend. I do not know if there is a fee or anything though.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

slimjim

Reaction
if you pre-run a mexico race you need to keep in mind that alot of the diving you do will be thorough private property, like peoples ranches and farms. make sure that you are prerunning the right course, when it is open to prerunning. remember that you are not racing, just prerunning, so slow down a little bit. also watch out for locals, people and animals. you might hit a horse or a cow if you're not careful. also on a mexican course, you will probably have to open some gates on the course - just make sure you close and latch the gates after you go through them. be respectful of other peoples property, as they are letting us use it. and have fun.

put on your seatbelt...

scott

Reaction
Usually in Mexico the weekend before the race or even 2 weeks before you can pre-run... usually the ranchers open up their fields... Its a common courtesy.....thats why they say theres speed limits to pre-running, so the ranchers don't get pissed off...