• Forum membership has its advantages....

Freeloader Hill at LDC May be Closed

pjc

Chairman
Well, I just got back from my quarterly, BLM RAC meeting.

The BLM district manager could not 100% confirm when asked but, what he did say, comes down to a likely closure of Freeloader Hill at this years LDC.

It comes down to $$'s. The BLM says they spent more than they agreed to bill Sal for last year. Evidently, the same shortfall occured with LV Metro Police. The BLM guy said that Sal could not come up with the money but, he thought that the Laughlin Chamber of Commerce would be willing.

Perhaps a few phone calls by race fans to the Chamber asking for support to keep the hill open are a good idea at this point.

PJCinLV

dave

THAT WILL REALLY SUCK A** !!!!
THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS DRIVE 4 HOURS TO A "DESERT RACE" THEN HAVE TO SIT IN SOME DAMN BLEACHERS.....DID THEY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE OTHER SPECTATING AREA LIKE IF THAT ONE WILL BE OPEN ??

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.

pjc

Chairman
I just got through to the Laughlin Chamber and to quote..

"They were going to close the hill but, they have changed their mind".

I guess a few of you called already!

PJCinLV

JasonHutter

It seems to me that this is an issue every year and so far they have found a way by race day to leave it open.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

If you really need an off road fix, there is at least one race every month except may in Barstow or Lucerne. M.O.R.E, M.D.R. Not really venues for the big guns, but works for me.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>

poolman

I have some reserved tickets for the stands in Laughlin that I can't use next week because of "the Parker 400" next week.I only want 50 dollars a piece for them.You can really see alot of the orange safety fence please let me know ASAP.

poolman

scott

Well if Sal get billed for anything, and the spectators can be corraled into a grandstand for $8 to $10 a head, then I wouldn't be surprised they closed White Trash Mountain....

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Hey! Come on.

It's about the people "no names mentioned" who get stupid drunk out there.

Everyone is trying to put on a race...........SCORE, SNORE, MDR & who ever elas. But, when it comes down to the crowd control.....who comes in... Police do! They got to be paid also. Off-road racing has evovled....like everthing elas, NASCAR, DAYTONA....they used to be free to watch. It's the crowd control, where there's a crowd.....there's money to be had. "IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!" OR you can join the orrganization and be part of the road crossings or medical or a Rover (MDR).....there are other ways to watch a race and not just in the stands. Well, there's Laughlin, they feel that needs to done "Fencing you out" for your safety! Almost like wear "hunters orange," during hunting season only, I don't like it, but it's a rule! So no one shoots my butt off!

Hey, enjoy this weekend....be carefull driving out there and back, I'll be out there also. If you can do both races do them! It's a start of the new year of racing! WHINNERS STAY HOME!

I'm not defending anyone or any organization.....just what I feel right now....

See ya in Parker
Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra