freeway on ramp smog

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
RDC Crypto
Website
www.mikesracephoto.com
Good thing '67 camaros don't have to be smogged and therefore can't be designated as gross polluters.

Wrong, 67 camaros are exempt from annual inspections, not from smog laws. If you are a gross polluter you will still be cited. Prius driving greenies have no love for your classic/collectable it's just an old car to them.

Bulldozer

RDC Crypto
Wrong, 67 camaros are exempt from annual inspections, not from smog laws. If you are a gross polluter you will still be cited. Prius driving greenies have no love for your classic/collectable it's just an old car to them.

Oh, well I stand corrected. But, how could they get designated as a gross polluter if they don't have to pass smog inspection? (Other than, of course, the freeway on ramp tester thingy)

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
RDC Crypto
has anybody else seen or herd about these. for the last couple of weeks i have seen one at the 15 N on to the 91 E on/off ramp and on the the 91 E at the Arlington on ramp. they set up a inforred (sp?) shouting across the on ramp and if they sense that your car is a gross politer then they have some cameras set up to take your cars picture. they send it to you in the mail and give you 2 choices. 1 enroll into there repair program (they will pay for the 1st 500.00 in repairs) or option # 2 is give them the car so they can crush it. they will give you 1K for option #2.

they moved them last week and i heard on the news that they were in the OC area now.

I saw one of those "set ups" in the Pasadena area for several months and I couldn;t figure out what in the world it was.... Then all of a sudden the "set up" has moved to Riverside and I drive past it and my mom asks what is that bizarre contraption? Now I know what it is... Thanks for the info!!

Bryan_D

RDC Crypto
Website
www.hostylmotorsports.com
Program discontinued a few years ago, IIRC.

Hmmm sure looked like one the last week right where you turn off of the 10 truck route on the south side to turn north and get on the 10 north bound right by the airport. Same trucks with the sniffers out and camera also... I could be wrong though, wont be the first or last time..

RDC Crypto
Could be, hadn't seen one for awhile and I recall the program was discontinued awhile back wherein the state was sending car and truck owners a letter if vehicle read high.
Maybe they're concentrating on big rigs traveling through Phoenix now?

squirrel80

RDC Crypto
How is it that every diesel truck that goes by, isn't tagged as a gross polluter? You mean to tell me that a bad running honda civic with no cat is going to pollute more than a black smoke blowing diesel truck.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
black diesel soot does not = hydrocarbons. poor running civic does... (any gasoline powered car for that matter)

mike_hinson

RDC Crypto
Website
www.Formulanine.com
All fleets with two or more trucks are required to get an opacity test at a certified test facility every year after the truck reaches four years old. Calif Air Resources Board (CARB) audits trucking companies for compliance. The fines for non-compliance can be staggering. Currently, if you only own one truck, you are exempt from the regulation, but it is a matter of time before every heavy duty unit in California is required to test annually.

Gummi Bear

RDC Crypto
I missed this post before. They've been using those setups here in Dallas for a few years now along 75 (a major North/South corridor)

The car crushing thing kind of got me though. One of the guys on the EB forum got a letter in the last year or so, where they offered him a few hundred bucks for his restored rig to crush it, and keep it off the road. Seems like he lived up near San Francisco, I'll have to look for the post.

Vtr_Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.socalmotocross.com
Im sorry but thats a bit over the top IMO. Im sure Calif. politicians can think of better ways to spend YOUR money than that. Must have been Nancy Pelosi`s idea pirated from Algore!

JGunn

Lone Gunnman
RDC Crypto
That makes sense. I guess that it is just decieving when I see a black cloud coming out of my truck, but it doesn't go up into the air, it just collects like dirt.

When you breath this stuff it gets absorbed in the blood stream to get filtered by the liver! I would like to save my liver for beer...:D .
With all the Big rigs moving freight on the roads there is a problem with these particulates and they stay air borne to enable us to breath it when were driving. Its also a big problem for children growing up and living close to the freeways.(adults also)
I sell the best air cleaners in the world that filter out this stuff www.IQAir.com and drive around with one in my van working on 12 volt power;)

All Clean Restoration, Inc. (626) 963-6569 I will give $100.00 off and pay your Tax if you mention RDC:)