• Forum membership has its advantages....

fremont area

martininsocal

just got the latest note from the friendly men from BLeM about the latest closure. while it doesn't really affect racing, it affects playing, and that is important. the fremont area(the norteast area from kramer junction) is now closed to motor vehicle use. this is a temporary closure until the whole wemo plan is put into action in roughly june of 2003. the reason for the stated closure is the desert tortoise. apparently the declining numbers(funny, they said 10's of 1,000's would die with the expansion of fort irwin?) are forcing the blm to colse the area to stop any further habitat destruction. i guess we should stop raping, pillaging and burning too! folks, the ultimate group behind this stuff is the cbd. they will not rest, they will not sleep for an instant until they regulate us off the planet. fight back! martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Rodney

Thanks for the update martin. The cbd is the face of evil, no doubt. I am so outraged by the blm just rolling over on these closures.
It seems to me that if they were at all on our side, they would at least make the cbd take these things all the way to trial. We all
know that would take years, tons of $$ and research. I am in favor of all the required EIR's because they seem to be mostly in our favor.
On a personal note, My wife just did a paper for her English class she titled it " the silent attack on america" The paper details the
wildlands project, Klamath basin fiasco, glamis closure among others. The tofu eating professor nearly had a stroke when my wife handed it in. Cant wait to see
what grade he gives her.:) I get this feeling the enemy is closing all they can in a hurry because it looks like things will get tougher
for them once the Bush admin. gets more federal judges and officials in place. Now if we could only get more people to be involved...

Winning IS everything

martininsocal

rodney-funny you mention school papers. i grew up in santa cruz(land of the american communist) and did some college up there before i came to the off road mecca of socal. my english 1a teacher was a typical berkeley 60's left over. i had a couple of papers get kicked back for "improper subject matter". one was about prerunning a race up in weeks, nev.(if you don't where it is, it is up to you to find it, i did!) and the other was about night life at the mint 400 in '85! he figured since i liked the desert i might like some interesting reading. he suggested a book about the monkey wrench gang. i thought i would check it out as he said it was about people hanging in the desert enjoying it and life. what he didn't tell me was that it was about a group of econazis sabotaging construction equipment at sites being developed in the desert. ifinally had enough of him when he acused me of trying to be a blond adonnis simply because i was on the college water polo team and got to miss classes occasionally. he pegged me for a politically incorrect jock who needed to take some social engineering classes. i finally dropped when he said i needed to type my entire journal because he could no longer read my gorilla writing. these folks, unfortunately, are teaching the youth of today, and trying to end our form of recreation. i guess they do it because even when we drive slow in the dirt, it stills seems too fst to their stoned minds!

If your gonna go, go BIG

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
LOL, I live in Santa Cruz right now, so true so true. Hey martin was their any places to go offroading here? Looks like I gotta go to pismo to get my thrills.

1997 Ford Ranger
Camburg Extreme Suspension[week b4 xmas! yay]

martininsocal

prerunr- we used to run the pajaro river bottom out by murphy road(murphy's crossing), but that was years ago. we also used to play in some of the abandoned sand quarries up near zayante. for real off road, you could go down south of hollister towards panoche rd(yes, that is the name) and to new idria. just don't breath much while your there, the off road area is in an asbestos mine! funny how they seem to be trying to kill us off!

If your gonna go, go BIG