• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fresh Air System, side by side comparison

PCI Race Radios

Not all fresh air systems are created equal. PCI Race Air has the highest velocity motor in the industry, and has the reliability that you would expect from PCI. Quieter, higher torque and 25% more air (to your helmet) - all at about $100 less than others.
SXSRACEAIRWORK-3.jpg

_

I would like to see an impartial, formal test of all fresh air blower systems currently on the market (Note: Not saying PCI claims are not accurate. I request the test because I have experienced systems on the market which do not conform to the manufacture's claims.).

I would like to see the test conducted with each manufacture's blower mounted to a tube frame chassis via the manufacture's/supplier's supplied mounting accommodations. And, the measurements include DB Level, CFM, Air Pressure, and Current Draw, with all measurements (outside of current draw) taken at the end of a 2-foot long, common fresh air blower hose.

redline

Why are we still running basically the same thing as 20 years ago? With all the technology I would think that a smaller brushless motor design and a higher volume turbine could be for the same price or close to.

51rcr

anyone every mess with any of the electric "smog" pumps. lots of variety of them out there. they have to move some air. some I seen have 10 ga wire running to them.

ppumper

Parker Pumper is currently working on a blower, and its not a boat product. For what its worth, our original pumper, is made from parts that are manufactured to our design for its intended purpose. As far as testing goes, you need to use a 4 or 6 foot hose, and not using a wind meter. when you introduce a restriction,like a helmet, it changes everything. It causes different head pressure, which changes the end result dramatically. a squirrel cage blower is more efficient than a inline blower.and keep in mind, that amp draw is horse power. And trying to run 4 helmets from one blower doesn't work very well, no matter who makes it. Keep an eye out for something new from us in the next month.

_

@ppumper
I would like to see a Fresh Air Blowers similar in design and current draw to the miniature squirrel cage blowers Parker Pumper sold in the late 90's / early 2000's. That unit was far quieter and drew far less current than anything on the market today while capable of providing adequate air for a single user.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
I've been running dual Parker Pumpers in two different 2-seat race cars now for several years...I've never been impressed with the output...that I remember.

Some 1600 guys have been making the recommendation to me to go to a marine blower in my 12 car; as both a cost and weight savings and blower performance upgrade. They are claiming they work better than Parker Pumpers as well.

Been thinking about the high output 220 CFM versions offered by West Marine under the SHURFLO Yellowtail brand, but will need to create custom 4" input/out plumbing for the filter and output hoses...that'll be a PITA. They also have lots of choices with lower CFM in 3" versions as well. Lots of amps draw on the big 4" ones. I've just gone to a smaller battery, too, to save weight. Might cause issues? They do only cost $35-40...wonder where to get the plumbing, though. Ideas??

Just looking for updated info, personal experience, and ideas from racers. This thread seems like as good a place as any with the PCI claims!

uploadfromtaptalk1459000477701.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459000483321.jpg

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

green787

I've been running dual Parker Pumpers in two different 2-seat race cars now for several years...I've never been impressed with the output...that I remember.

Some 1600 guys have been making the recommendation to me to go to a marine blower in my 12 car; as both a cost and weight savings and blower performance upgrade. They are claiming they work better than Parker Pumpers as well.

Been thinking about the high output 220 CFM versions offered by West Marine under the SHURFLO Yellowtail brand, but will need to create custom 4" input/out plumbing for the filter and output hoses...that'll be a PITA. They also have lots of choices with lower CFM in 3" versions as well. Lots of amps draw on the big 4" ones. I've just gone to a smaller battery, too, to save weight. Might cause issues? They do only cost $35-40...wonder where to get the plumbing, though. Ideas??

Just looking for updated info, personal experience, and ideas from racers. This thread seems like as good a place as any with the PCI claims!

View attachment 167768View attachment 167769

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
I install those blowers in boats..... they are too noisy for automotive applications.... A squirrel cage blower is much quieter by nature, and that's why they are used for automotive applications.... Do you really want that much air volume that would then cause that much noise in your helmet???

BOYSCOUT

Ive been through a bunch of them now.

So far the PCI 150 CFM has been best.
Second would be the Parker Pumper 125.

These are basically the same except the 150 has a little more air.
Both are nice and quiet in my Helmet.
I use a Pyrotect side inlet helmet.

I also tried the Rugged MAC 4.1 as it is advertised at 235 CFM but in real life it had less air and way more noise than the Parker.

We also tried a smaller inline and it had poor airflow and was also noisy.

Stay with any of the squirrel cage blowers in my opinion.

pwerwagn

I have used inline 4" bilge blowers for quite a while. I don't think they are any louder in the helmet than the PCI/parkers I have been hooked up to, and the 4" seems to provide plenty of air for 2 helmets. I also run a big air filter, that doubles as a spare air filter for the engine.

I liked the mounting and other accessories on the PCI the best. The bilge blower does eat space.

Just my experience.

retroblazer

Interesting that people are playing with blower outputs and net air delivery to the helmet. The helmet hose diameter has largely been defined by the by fittings that Parker Pumper used in helmet conversions. Initially it was a flanged 90^ with 1 1/8" barbed hose connection. Most people used the same fittings on both ends of the hose. I started running 1.5" tubing with an 1.5" outlet on the blower, not 1.125. More airflow, no downside.

brad_dusty

Dusty Motorsports offers a new Fresh Air pumper that is a "true" dual pumper. Our billet aluminum pumper has two separate fans that can be wired individually for driver/co driver. It is extremely powerful and has the lowest amp draw than any two person pumper on the market. It runs at 1.6 amps with both fans on, or just .8 amps if you wish to run only one! We also have an raw aluminum finish as well.

Front.pngUse Promo code "RACE-DEZERT" at checkout to get an additional 10% any current or sale price.

For more information go to www.dustymotorsports.com or email [email protected]