Friendly fire in Mexico

13stout

RDC Crypto
I was there and witnessed both nights and Triggs story was no lie. There is no third story. Matt should not Drink and that last punch was not necessary. It was between Trigg and Matt. I think Matt can be very rude and disrespectful when he drinks. I saw it in laughlin on the booze cruise when he was yelling at people with his bullhorn. If you antagonize a pitt bull long enough, he's going to bite you. Thats all I have to say.

Love me or hate me, that's the truth. I have no reason to lie. As a Matter of fact this will probably not win me a popularity contest on RDC, but thats what it is.

DA Rhino

Cone Nazi
RDC Crypto
Fallbrook, Lake Havasu & Behind the wheel
OK,
I'll bite and chip in with my .02:rolleyes:

No doubt that there was a situation that happened with Matt, Vano & Trigger.:rolleyes:

What else can anyone of your sitting behind your computer add without being there and seeing it 1st hand?:confused: Nothing:rolleyes:, absolutely nothing but hearsay.:rolleyes:

Any comments regarding the Metal Mulisha and or the Desert Assassins are unjust.:mad:
It's like saying guns KILL people! NO people kill people using guns!!!!

So did the MM and or the DA as a group hit Matt?:rolleyes:

No it was Vano and Trigger, and based on Matt's recollection (4) other individuals. Who were these four? They may have been with Vano and Trigger or they could have been there with someone else, we don't know.

The whole incident stinks and is wrong no matter how you look at it. I'm sure as with any brawl that involves alcohol at a strip club with chicks has a few variations to the story and the real facts.:eek:

I would say that Matt has just as much involvement in the issue as the others involved.

Based on Matt's quote I find it quite odd that he just did nothing! A hockey player and bouncer just letting his face get hit without defending himself just doesn't make sense!

Matt said, "They’re all flatbillers that weigh about 150 lbs. I’ve played hockey and worked as a bouncer in the bar scene over the past twenty years so being jumped by a bunch of flatbillers isn’t all that bad. After they jumped me I asked them if that’s all they had. I never went down to the ground as they couldn’t get me down."

I think it would be in the best interest of RDC and the Off-Road community to let all of the Monday morning quarterback's stick to Fantasy Football and not try pass judgment on Matt and the other people involved until after the facts have been determined as facts!;):rolleyes:

Remember there are always three sides to the story Matt's, the other guy's, and the truth!:)

My .02

DAR

Post #21 summed it before it got to 20K!;):rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

Time to move on!!! LOL

Valerie D

RDC Crypto
Well here goes.

I don't know what happened and I really don't care for the most part.

What I do know.....

Trigger is my best friend and I was his best man at his wedding. In 25 plus years of hanging out with Trigg I have never seen him disrespect anyone and he has never unleashed on anyone unless they pushed the boundaries and more than had it coming.

Trigger is not a hoodlum and would not "Rat Pack" anyone. Bottom line is Trigger is the best friend anyone could have.

Mostly none of you were there. I have spoke to about 6 people that were there, both in and not in this crew and the story that has been told by one side is not the entire truth and I believe that.

You guys are idiots calling the MM anything bad, Brian is a nice person and has dedicated his life to the lord. Brian not only lost his best friend 3 weeks ago but his Dad suffered from a stroke while we were in Mexico and I think it is really lame of you to say anything negative about him.

Lastly. There are stories that a couple people were injured around the race and that maybe someone may have died, why don't you all just settle down and just respect life and just have fun minding your own business.
Cam - You obviously cared enough to have called Matt and let him know that it wasn't "one of your guys" that was involved, as you did on Friday. Was that a result of my text asking you WTF??? Speaking of which, who co-drove with Heidi at the race? Vano???

You also care enough to try to divert attention to other things in this thread, like the race, telling people Trigger is a good guy, and pulling sympathy for Brian?? What's your tactic? Diversion? Yes a race happened, yes Lusk died (RIP Jeremy), yes Brian's dad had a stroke, yes a mexi died at the race (RIP mexi), and yes Matt was punched by multiple people and has a broken nose and concussion all because Trigger can't get his facts straight, jumped to conclusions and he, Vano and others went fist first into the situation. Talk about the mice of men.

-- "TRIGG GUMM'S RESPONSE" -- (please do not bash the grammar or spelling) He emailed this moments ago ------

This all started at a bar on Wednesday night, when I sat down in front of "Durka Durka guy had no idea who is was or is, and he punched me in the back while i'm seated and then i got up and asked him "what's up" ? He pointed to the door and said "LEAVE" and he was being so disrespectful, but I let that one slide and walked away that night. The next night which was Thursday night I saw him at the corner of the bar and I went up to him and tried to talk to him about burying what happened the night before and to put this all behind us. The Durka Durka guy looked right at me and said he's never seen me before and who are yoiu, your a nobody" ??? he then said "when i get drunk I black out and do stupid things" ?? At that point I said to him "were you drunk or were you stupid" he laughed and continued to be disrespectful for the second time. And i was really trying to diffuse the situation. For me the last two nights, he was following me around and being disrepectful on every level. Later that night (thurs), we went to a different bar and me and my friends were having a good time when I looked up and Durka Durka is squared off with my friend Vano who weighs 150 lbs and is 5'4" . Durka Durka id 6'8'' 400 lbs, so I jumped up and pushed Vano out of the way and with both his hands up I asked him "what's up" ? and he says "F#@* YOU" and the he rushes me. I punched him once to defend myself and after that I turned and walked away. Then someone else came up to him as I was walking away and punched him. I had nothing to do nor have control over any other person there. I was defending my friend Vano and after I walked away, everything after that had nothing to do with me. I did not nor have I ever hit a woman so that is completely false !! Durka Durka was trying to pick a fight with me for 2 days straight and he was being disrespectful in every way. Durka Durka has lied about what took place and he's supposed to be part of the media ? He immediately went and posted fabricated story online and he's supposed to be a journalist ?? Basically he's a rat, a liar and he's a bully and the whole bully thing doesn't work around me? He really needs to put down his viking horns (which screams for attention) and mega phone and reach into his pocket and pull his wallet out and buy a race car and become part of the game that we love so much. At this point Durka Durka you need to apologize for bringing all this untrue verbage and making such a bunch of bull$#!& ...... Respectfully, Trigger Gumm

Much like my good friend Cameron Steele, this is what my friend of 25 years, Trigger Gumm sent to me, to "post" on a website that he does not belong to !! So please just read his story -- and being told only ONCE by him ..... so at least you hear both sides now and all you 20,000 viewed (not present) jury members can form your own (NEW) opinions ..... and don't shoot the messenger (me - much like dan mcmillin who started this whole old story back up - I thought friday night was enough, but it just had to be re-vived for some reason on sunday @ noon ??), I was done with this thread yesterday @ 3:00 pm and still am after this post -- thanks, D-no

Trigg - Please read my post in #95 and responses there after from others with Matt, Nikki, Kelli and I. Get the facts right. It was never said from anyone involved that you hit a woman, but that was one hell of a push I got when you said "watch this" and forcefully moved Nikki and I. You seemed like a nice guy at first, heck you even let me call you Tigger, which I know probably pissed you off more than what ever you thought went on between you and Matt.

You have a vengeful streak against people that you think wronged you, its come out before and you need to learn to let some things go before they escalate. And quit showing off, you're 41. Nobody likes a show off, especially an old one.

Matt does not owe you an apology. You and your friends are the one that broke his nose, you and your friends couldn't keep your cool....actions speak louder than words, if you haven't figured it out in this thread.

If anything you at minimum owe Nikki and I and apology because there was no reason for you to push us like you did. We were not even in the way of you getting out of your seat to go around the table and go after Matt....and that is what I'm really confused about. :confused: or were you trying to make it so we could not get in the middle of the me lee you your friends were about to create. Furthermore, why did you tell us to "watch this", because that sounds very premeditated.

racerswifey

RDC Crypto
Ok...enough of the bs about girls being pushed or shoved or whatever you want to call it. If I was in a bar and some guy laid a hand on me, he would seriously get his a**kicked. I highly doubt this action ever took place. Any man who lays a hand on a women deserves to be beaten but its amazing no one came to their rescue. CAUSE IT DIDNT HAPPEN. Stop trying to start up something else when the air is finally being cleared.

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Ok...enough of the bs about girls being pushed or shoved or whatever you want to call it. If I was in a bar and some guy laid a hand on me, he would seriously get his a**kicked. I highly doubt this action ever took place. Any man who lays a hand on a women deserves to be beaten but its amazing no one came to their rescue. CAUSE IT DIDNT HAPPEN. Stop trying to start up something else when the air is finally being cleared.

So I was curious who you were so I checked out your profile and your Vanos wife, pretty funny for favorite race you put anything NOT in Mexico LMFAO that was great:D

deano

McDeano
RDC Crypto
Cam - You obviously cared enough to have called Matt and let him know that it wasn't "one of your guys" that was involved, as you did on Friday. Was that a result of my text asking you WTF??? Speaking of which, who co-drove with Heidi at the race? Vano???

You also care enough to try to divert attention to other things in this thread, like the race, telling people Trigger is a good guy, and pulling sympathy for Brian?? What's your tactic? Diversion? Yes a race happened, yes Lusk died (RIP Jeremy), yes Brian's dad had a stroke, yes a mexi died at the race (RIP mexi), and yes Matt was punched by multiple people and has a broken nose and concussion all because Trigger can't get his facts straight, jumped to conclusions and he, Vano and others went fist first into the situation. Talk about the mice of men.

Trigg - Please read my post in #95 and responses there after from others with Matt, Nikki, Kelli and I. Get the facts right. It was never said from anyone involved that you hit a woman, but that was one hell of a push I got when you said "watch this" and forcefully moved Nikki and I. You seemed like a nice guy at first, heck you even let me call you Tigger, which I know probably pissed you off more than what ever you thought went on between you and Matt.

You have a vengeful streak against people that you think wronged you, its come out before and you need to learn to let some things go before they escalate. And quit showing off, you're 41. Nobody likes a show off, especially an old one.

Matt does not owe you an apology. You and your friends are the one that broke his nose, you and your friends couldn't keep your cool....actions speak louder than words, if you haven't figured it out in this thread.

If anything you at minimum owe Nikki and I and apology because there was no reason for you to push us like you did. We were not even in the way of you getting out of your seat to go around the table and go after Matt....and that is what I'm really confused about. :confused: or were you trying to make it so we could not get in the middle of the me lee you your friends were about to create. Furthermore, why did you tell us to "watch this", because that sounds very premeditated.

i'm sorry, i said i was going to not post again, but i feel this is a BIG part of this 2-DAY scene, that no one has addressed -- and she's bringing it into light :eek: you know valerie d, if thats your name -- we'll just call you "racer chaser" that goes into to strip bars in san felipe' @ midnight --- you should of got the clue at the 25,000 view mark of this ridiculous thread, that it's done -- matt created this nightmare, trigger layed his law down -- all parties have moved on, and you're still dwelling about getting shoved while being in the way at a strip bar for males (mostly) --- so move on chick !!! .... and the other names of the girls involved, we'll call them kelli and nikki (since you already named them) -- are these the "same" girls that drove home with the "DA" head mechanic on sunday, who happens to be friends with trigger, vano and friends ... and is this the same girl nikki who left with said member that said evening that really pissed off a drunk viking who thought she was his, that caused this whole mess .. so we all feel sorry for you getting bruised, but maybe you should of seen a possible bad situation and maybe moved out of the way so you didn't get hurt, or maybe you love the attention --- move on and get ready for the mint -- there will be plenty of night life there for you (and i'm sure my good friend jim holtus would be bummed that you're running his torr logo on the bottom of your signature, with you stirring a pot that is already been well cooked) -- i am seriously done now -- :cool: d-no

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
I hate you clyde LOL Good job getting the finish, proud of you!! Keep gaining those points, you can do it, that I am sure

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
RDC Crypto
i'm sorry, i said i was going to not post again, but i feel this is a BIG part of this 2-DAY scene, that no one has addressed -- and she's bringing it into light :eek: you know valerie d, if thats your name -- we'll just call you "racer chaser" that goes into to strip bars in san felipe' @ midnight --- you should of got the clue at the 25,000 view mark of this ridiculous thread, that it's done -- matt created this nightmare, trigger layed his law down -- all parties have moved on, and you're still dwelling about getting shoved while being in the way at a strip bar for males (mostly) --- so move on chick !!! .... and the other names of the girls involved, we'll call them kelli and nikki (since you already named them) -- are these the "same" girls that drove home with the "DA" head mechanic on sunday, who happens to be friends with trigger, vano and friends ... and is this the same girl nikki who left with said member that said evening that really pissed off a drunk viking who thought she was his, that caused this whole mess .. so we all feel sorry for you getting bruised, but maybe you should of seen a possible bad situation and maybe moved out of the way so you didn't get hurt, or maybe you love the attention --- move on and get ready for the mint -- there will be plenty of night life there for you (and i'm sure my good friend jim holtus would be bummed that you're running his torr logo on the bottom of your signature, with you stirring a pot that is already been well cooked) -- i am seriously done now -- :cool: d-no

lame response in my opinion way to stir the pot and make your "buddies" think its ok to ever man handle a female. and just off the top of my head i have seen some VERY prominant women in the dezert racing scene at a strip club be it here in the states or in mexico so that is a mute point.

JGunn

Lone Gunnman
RDC Crypto
So your a scorned woman who wants to speak...
Furthermore, why did you tell us to "watch this", because that sounds very premeditated.
I'll bet Trigger was his huckleberry when he had enough from what's his handle, "MEDIAGOON".

It seems to me anyone calling themselves Goon is just that!

poolman

RDC Crypto
Man what happened to just buying the whores and taking them back to the rooms like the big teams do in mexico so all the married men arent in a public place when screwing whores? Woulda solved this whole situation

AHHHH the good old days!

VANO

RDC Crypto
Maybe we can hear Vano's side of the story now then? Then we would have heard from all parties and it would be done.

First off I would like to apolgize to my family and friends for being put throught this. Second I back Trigg 100% that is the way it went down. Third how could dirt newz post such an article without having all there facts. FIRST FOR ALL THE RACERS AND SPECTATORS WHO WERE HEART THAT THIS THREAD TOOK AWAY FROM YOUR IN MY PRAYERS. Fifth what does a bar scuffle have to do with off road racing? Please everyone move on to what this site was dezined for off road racing. I think I needed to firsts. I am tired and over the drama other wise I would write more.

DustinWebster

RDC Crypto
Website
www.dustinwebster.com
i"racer chaser"

ROFL...Val...after all of these years of you doing so much for off road, including land use, fundraising, photographer, pit crew, co-driver, driver, volunteer, cook for the hungry workers, media coordinator, official, chase...I'm sure there's more from so many years...yes...MANY years...and spread across rockcrawling, rockracing, King of the Hammers, Desert Race, short course...you've had a hand in more events per year than everyone out there besides Shannon Campbell.

Racer Chaser!!! ROFL!!!!!

This goes to show just how little others know of the people they are talking to and/or about!

Instead of those that don't know, posting up storylines about what may have happened...how about burning some of your enegry in the land use section. If you hadn't noticed, we're about to lose huge amounts of land theat keeps our sports alive. Heck, Feinstien thinks that there are less than 100,000 user days for all of Johsnon Valley...King of the hammers alone had almost that. Have you written a letter??? MULTIPLE LETTERS???
Goodnight.

C flips

RDC Crypto
Website
www.youtube.com

WTF is a mexi? I guess it refers to second class people. You probably think you're above the common person. Or am I just jumping to conclusions.

Greg

RDC Crypto
Website
prerunners.com
Fifth what does a bar scuffle have to do with off road racing? Please everyone move on to what this site was dezined for off road racing. I think I needed to firsts. I am tired and over the drama other wise I would write more.

Because spectating at a desert race is boring as hell. I don't even know who won, and I don't care, but I do know that there was a fight, a guy died, a guy cut the course and could loose his position and a lot of respect, and a guy got his leg broken from standing too close to 6000# TT. I don't know much about Trigger, but I do know that he got on a bike and pretended to race. This stuff IS entertainment. The racing is only a catalyst for this level of excitement. I have always said "if it weren't for beer, spectating at a desert race wouldn't happen" and this just reinforces my statement. Remove the lies, whores, deceit, cheating, course-cutting, kidnapping, thievery, injury, death, drunkenness, gossip, and fighting....what do you have? a prerun, and no one talks about that unless someone gets hurt or dies. Let's face it, no one cares who won (except the winners) or especially who got second, but I guarantee that everyone on this site has looked at this thread. I do know who got 5th though as they are friends of mine. The simple fact is that we, human beings, enjoy stories that involve people we know, that are in our "community". Although I don't personally know many of the people involved in the "fight", these people are all in my social network and therefore this thread is fascinating and I will continue to read it, as will 99% of viewers, until it closes. Trigger, Matt, Vano, Nikki, Kelli, and all involved either physically or in previous posts, I thank you for a good read.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
WTF is a mexi? I guess it refers to second class people. You probably think you're above the common person. Or am I just jumping to conclusions.

abbreviation of mexican. chill out. Valerie does a lot for the sport and is pretty down to earth.

jowoog

RDC Crypto
26 pages huh? really? waj. this is beyond lame. btw, fighting is for pussies.

thats it , thats all you got ?? lol
good morning everyone , keep in mind this is the internet .

Sheaco

RDC Crypto
First off I would like to apolgize to my family and friends for being put throught this. Second I back Trigg 100% that is the way it went down. Third how could dirt newz post such an article without having all there facts. FIRST FOR ALL THE RACERS AND SPECTATORS WHO WERE HEART THAT THIS THREAD TOOK AWAY FROM YOUR IN MY PRAYERS. Fifth what does a bar scuffle have to do with off road racing? Please everyone move on to what this site was dezined for off road racing. I think I needed to firsts. I am tired and over the drama other wise I would write more.

Over?? :D

Last edited by a moderator: