From a locker to a spool!!!! Whats up???

NOODLE

Reaction
My 85 Sonoma was equiped with a rear locker. After a weekend outing, it has now decided to be a spool. It never unlocks and now when making a tight corner on the street, it sounds like a sheer chopping through 3/8 plate 4130. I know one tires is trying to spin faster and all that but what could have gone rotten in the pumpkin for it to not EVER unlock. I know that little 7.5" 10 bolt can only take so much staying locked with 32's before it grenades. I'm gunna pull the cover and take a look.Thanks for any input.

michael_loomis

Reaction
i had a regular open diff become a spool on me , the spider gears froze in the diff and locked everything up solid , i had just installed a centerforce dual friction clutch and was showing everyone at my work how bad ass it launched when i dumped it .... and BANG !!! they cracked in half lol and my truck rolled to a stop . everyone was laughing there arse's off , while i scurried around freakin out . i thought i had blown the motor too cause the engine torque flexed so much , it smashed the oil filter on the motor mount and was blowing oil everywhere .

michael_loomis

Reaction
jajaja TOO BAD IT WAS ON A NISSAN!!!!!!

Crashbig

Reaction
Yeah had the same thing happen to my nissan to scared the I failed spelling out of me when it happened.

NOODLE

Reaction
well the diff unlocked about a week ago no thanks to anywork i did, but yesterday some parts decided enough was enough and blew right out through the cover letting all the gear oil escape as well and finally halting all forward movement. i wasnt driving it at the time, i had loaned it to a family member. BTW, anybody got a S-10 pig they want to let go of cheap?