From Utah

Reaction
Utah rangers: Keep vehicles in designated areas

The Associated Press
Updated: 07/13/2009 06:53:22 AM MDT

Managers at the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest want people to remember that all-terrain doesn't mean all-access when it comes to off-road vehicles.

Forest supervisor Brian Ferebee says people on dirt bikes, ATVs and other motorized vehicles can damage the forest when taken out of the designated areas and trails.

The forest can be particularly vulnerable to damage by motorized vehicles when the ground is wet.

Ferebee says drivers are also supposed to stay on the trails and make way for hikers and other people in the forest.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
How true... Seen many a lunatic on an Atv crashing through the forest up there... Wish that everyone could be responsible and not make the rangers mad at me.

BGRANT

Reaction
Kind of ironic. Just today I saw a report on the national news about the military training in Dugway, Utah (west desert area) and how it is so simiar to Afghanistan. They were blowing the crap out of everything.

I agree though, people need to obey the trail laws in these areas or there won't be anything for anybody. It is usualy the hunters on ATVs that go off the trails to retrieve their kills.