Front a-arm options

tkr

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tappsgarage.com
Other than the bling factor, are there signifcant advantages to "center mounted" arms opposed to the rear pivot being swept back as pictured.

If so, would they apply to a sandrail/light prerunner instead of a race car?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• class03.jpg
    class03.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 454

jbranchfab

RDC Crypto
there is no benifit , besides leg room in the cab, if you were to draw an arc with a pen as you cycle the travle from the spindel snout, at full droop the you loose wheel base(inches) the suspension then has to push forwards in order to bump out, it really dosnt make much sence, but it is an alternative to the tradition center pivot arms, its just hard to tune the suspension!

Last edited:

gwm

RDC Crypto
Website
www.lecheroracing.com
Also, if something breaks on the side pivot arms you've got a piece of steel aimed right at your legs. I've only seen it once but it's not pretty.

Saleen F-150

RDC Crypto
Well everyone is WAY off.It sounds like all the above deal only in sandrails. 1st having center mounted a-arms as apposed to unequel a-arms lets the tires cycle through their travel with little to no camber change.2nd moving the lower A-arm mount back makes for a stronger arm.A triangle is the strongest geometric shape, so the closer to 90 degrees your a-arms(which are a triangle shape) are the stronger they are.Thats what triangulated means. Center mount are good for lighter cars and trucks but its alot of work and for heavier vehicles that get alot of body roll the contact patch of the tires is reduced during turning becuz of body roll,so it kinda defeats the whole purpose of no-camber change.Thats my opinion.

Outcast

RDC Crypto
Website
www.motorbooks.com
I don't think its the case with this car in particular but you can reduce scrub with that kind of A-arm arrangement.