front end noise?

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
i have an s10 with a California super trucks long travel kit and i hear a noise. I hear it when im backing up and i hit the brake its a thunk like something is binding. i do not here it when im driving forward and turning or anything like that. I hear it mostly when the suspension is relaxing after a hard stop forward or backward. any help or ideas what might be making the noise

JOSH

the sound you hear is you upper control arm moving back and forth on the mounts. the two bolts holding your upper control arm on are loose, i bet you alignment is all messed up to, check those bolts, lose the canster/camber shims and put washers in, and check them after every offroad romp

-Josh

JOSH

oh, and if its not that check your bushings, i "lost" one out of my truck and it sounded a little like that

Mike_HKmtrsprts

I found that most of the time its the coil spring moving inside the bucket rubbing up top and on the lower arm it can make a lound band or a soft one, my new chevy is bone stock and the coil moves around alot.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
i know about the alignment shims coming out cause of the loose bolts cause it happend to me on the second day i had my lift on. Do any of you think it could be any of the joints where thesteering system moves or possibly something like that?

TDORSloppy

Check your lower balljoints. The S-10 lower ball joint is usually worn out when you take out of the factory arm and put into the Supertruck's one, Chris at CST told me this. Try that and if that doesn't work try new tie rod ends. Hope this helps.