• Forum membership has its advantages....

Front lightbar wiring question

green787

I just don't see any need to bring that much current up into the instrument panel or dash board..... So I go with Relays... Nice drawing Desert guy.... And if you really want safety and reliability switch everything to ground.... The switch completes the circuit to ground.... as in OBD1

Zambo

I like when my lightbar comes on with the high beams. Of course you don't always want this for driving on the road. What I do is connect 85 to a switch in the cab that goes to ground, and I connect 86 on the relay to my high beam circuit. When the switch in the cab is off, the truck high beams operate like stock. When the switch is on, the lightbar comes on with the high beams. Easy peezy.

JDDurfey

^^^ I did the same thing only I took it one step farther and I have a switch so if I want to turn on my off road lights without having my head lights on I can do it. Or I can control them with my high beams.

Koliax

Hello Guys.... A BIG QUESTION , i want to mount 3 Hella 4000 ( 100w each) but the Harness say for 2 only , can i still mounting 3 on the same relay or you suggest a extra Relay / kit just for 1 ...... both circuits to the same Switch .... and what Amp/fuse i should put on the circuit ???

Thank you guys

Last edited:

Koliax

Did already !!!!
Thank you for the Diagrams!!!
Used only 1 Relay , and 25 AMP Fuse.

Great lights !! love it.
Now i will paint the Metal light border on Blue , lets see how finish the look. :)

Attachments

Honda48X

I have a question about changing some of my lights to LED. Is there a certain way to convert to LED? I’m not to smart about lighting. Is there a converter I need? I want to remove the four lights on top and change to a LED light bar also in need of a roof rack any ideas on where to get one? Buggy is currently in the San Felipe area.
4FB35728-8413-4718-A38C-A879C98C914C.jpeg

paranoid56

I have a question about changing some of my lights to LED. Is there a certain way to convert to LED? I’m not to smart about lighting. Is there a converter I need? I want to remove the four lights on top and change to a LED light bar also in need of a roof rack any ideas on where to get one? Buggy is currently in the San Felipe area.
no conversion needed or any extra wiring either. (unless your new bar is super high wattage) just plug in your new bar into the wiring from those lights.