• Forum membership has its advantages....

Front Motor Plate??

FlyBoynTN

MotorMount.jpeg

So the above picture is taken of the right side motor mount after the crash at San Felipe. We recently discovered it. One possible solution that has been proposed is fabricating a front motor mount plate and using other points for mounting the motor. It has been pointed out that other racing vehicles routinely do this. My question was what about off road racing vehicles? I want to make sure we are not missing something before we do this.

Any one have any ideas, suggestions, comments, bad jokes???

Spencer

Mark Newhan

IMG_4461.jpg
Call ID Designs. They manufacture a front motor plate kit which includes mounting solutions for alternator and power steering pump. We use them on a couple of trophy trucks.

Last edited:

Tony_Barraza

Spencer -

Sorry I missed you in San Felipe! Sorry to hear you guys had a crash! Hope everyone is OK!

As for my suggestion (or bad joke): I would have suggested you buy my race truck in the first place! LOL! Just kidding! (but not really....)

If you recall, my truck features front and rear billet motor plates, more like a Trophy Truck. It was designed for exactly this purpose! The motor and trans are literally "suspended" within the tube structure and become an integral part of chassis. In my configuration, the alternator, water pump and power steering pump, all mount off of the front motor plates. See attached pics for reference.

The torsional loads experienced by a "traditional" motor mount configuration can (and will) result in chassis and engine block damage, as you've experienced.

Good luck! I hope this helps!

Attachments

Mark Newhan

Also,

You'll need the engine out to install the new billet timing cover...

So while you're at it, put the Dailey billet dry sump system on it. The scavenge system is integral so you do away with all of the scavenge lines.

FlyBoynTN

Spencer -

Sorry I missed you in San Felipe! Sorry to hear you guys had a crash! Hope everyone is OK!

As for my suggestion (or bad joke): I would have suggested you buy my race truck in the first place! LOL! Just kidding! (but not really....)

If you recall, my truck features front and rear billet motor plates, more like a Trophy Truck. It was designed for exactly this purpose! The motor and trans are literally "suspended" within the tube structure and become an integral part of chassis. In my configuration, the alternator, water pump and power steering pump, all mount off of the front motor plates. See attached pics for reference.

The torsional loads experienced by a "traditional" motor mount configuration can (and will) result in chassis and engine block damage, as you've experienced.

Good luck! I hope this helps!

Thanks for info and pics Tony!

SM

CaptinCrash

Call dave at id he's the best

Tucker Conroy