• Forum membership has its advantages....

Frontline- in the world of ai

Josh 8

Check it out. Personally it scares the hell out of me for what this could mean to the county, economy and job market. These guys are saying 1/2 the jobs in the country could be displaced by ai in 5 to 15 years.

This can’t be good for the average person.

Btw, I purposely posted this in “whatever” to attract viewers that refuse to go into “purple”. I really do not see this documentary as having a bias to a political party so I hope we can keep from being a political spitting match at each other. This topic is so broad and encompassing that it effects all people regardless of party identity.

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

I've always said: If your job can be replaced by a robot/automation, it probably should be.

Josh 8

Problem is this is going to hit white collar types harder that automation has done in the past 30 years to he blue collar types. Ai is intelligence and it’s going to do managers, analysts, purchasers and ever other job better than a human. Even doctors and lawyers. Say by by to paralegals and bunch of lawyers. Less people in the medical field too.

All that gonna be left are people firing mud bricks for thatch roofed shelters.

I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

Problem is this is going to hit white collar types harder that automation has done in the past 30 years. Ai is intelligence and it’s going to do managers, analysts, purchasers and ever other job Bette than a human. Even doctors and lawyers. Say by by to paralegals and bunch of lawyers. Less people in the medical files too.

All that gonna be left are people firing mud bricks for that thatch roofed shelters.

I hope I am wrong.
Firing mudbricks can certainly be done by a robot. If AI does a job better than a human, why not let it?
Now that human has to find something that an AI CAN'T do. That is value. Let the robot/AI do the busy work while you (The human) are freed to do the creative work.

Josh 8

Have you watched the video?

If not you should. My fear is that there are going to be a lot of people left behind in this transition to ai that is going to create huge problems for society and government.

Watch the show.

Klaus

Administrator
Another long style interview that goes along with this topic:

Klaus

Administrator
The OP video and also the Glenn Beck interview I just posted to me bring little I didn't already knew. However they both package it all together nicely.
I believe 90% of what both videos predict of the future and present.

Automation in the industrial age has been going on since day one. There used to be elevator operators, black smith, ice houses for example and those industries had to retool into what came after. The obvious industries that are now facing the same is Internal combustion engine to electric propulsion. Vehicle drivers of all forms. I can also see professions that require human to human speaking like councilors, teachers etc. As human to machine speech is getting much more advanced.

Since the new tooling builds the next generation of tools the expansion of automation is exponential and what is coming without a doubt is unimaginable.

Political legislation is way too slow and way to self serving to respond and protect end users.

Jeff Brown in the Beck interview is a tad to optimistic on Apple and Amazon having good intentions or maybe I am too pessimistic on the intentions of corporations in general.

The end goal for all this automation is to predict the future. The evil part is when it shapes the future by removing free will. So if Amzon starts shipping items to me before I ordered them because they have figured me out then is there still free will? However the same can be said about RDC partnering with google and you the visitor seeing ads for stuff. We/they use ads based on a few datapoint where they think the ad will be a match to you. The more data there is and the more accurate that happens one can shape the future. People will fight it/ignore it/accept it/appreciate it => normalized. A few generations later it just is the way it is. Welcome to a future where a few literally control everything. God mode. Will the few be human or AI?

I love this topic. It is what I read mostly about

Last edited:

jon coleman

is ai gonna replace the ' surf bum'?, if so , im not for it.ps isnt this all tied into agenda 21, & cong.Dingle slip up about obama care, " to control the people", hope ya'll like " camping" like them thar muslims in china do.....

Klaus

Administrator
Agenda 21 is a real thing and scary. It's globalism where few control many.

The antidote to globalism is decentralizations like blockchain.

jon coleman

really scary thing is its for real, no , not my tin foil hat, i mean just listen to ALL your local politicians, they all spout the same garbage, a- 21 is all about grassroots local politics & policy implimentation , dont u just hate when mayor falknurr spouts ' must impliment the climate action plan' ?, I sure do

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
This is one of the many reasons I'm so proud of my son going to school getting his journeyman commercial electrition licence (1 year left) , I cannot see him being replaced anytime soon by ai. Every Amazon distribution & robotics manufacturing center has to be wired to the local building code and I don't see robots building the structures to build themselves happening any time soon.

Josh 8

This is one of the many reasons I'm so proud of my son going to school getting his journeyman commercial electrition licence (1 year left) , I cannot see him being replaced anytime soon by ai. Every Amazon distribution & robotics manufacturing center has to be wired to the local building code and I don't see robots building the structures to build themselves happening any time soon.

Agree 100% with you. I have been thinking about career fields for youngins too. Got 4. 22 year old is finishing her masters in business marketing. 19 year old is a sophomore at the local university and wants to be a cop/detective. Then I have a 15 year old and 13 year old. Nether of them want to be an electrician. But thats what I would do if I had to do it over again. It’s what I tell my younger cousins and nephews to do.

jon coleman

apprenticeships are the way to go,with my gi bill paying Full rate for full time work it was win win, now im vested in the retirement plan, going to college these days seem to be a waste unless you do it right in the right field .

Klaus

Administrator
I agree. In the jobs elimination quest by automation I predict niche market blue collar type work to be the most resilient. Tasks that have too many complex patterns of activity combined with a vast variety of labor. For example a plumber. The ability to repair old pipes in a 100y old unique building... too costly to have a machine do. Lawyers, doctors, teachers, bankers, sales will be automated sooner or later. Also odd stuff like building race cars or hand crafting apparel and meals humans will continue to do on a high end level.

My advise to a young person today is to become the best in one of those fields. To absolutely love it and just like anything let the intention be the craft not the tokens.

Exciting times ahead. I actually welcome what is coming. Exciting to have experienced the full spectrum of paper city maps and land lines to what the above videos foreshadow.

jon coleman

also youngsters, Diversify!!, in 2008 there was a little work slow down, luckily my buddy owned a tree trimming buissnes, so i hauled brush, another owned a backhoe co. grade checker, plus fab work& car work on the side, heck even saved alum.cans, dont be tooo proud to get your hands dirty for a living, its much better than waiting for unemployment checks, yup, im a 99er:eek:merry xmas& happy new year, see ya'll next year!ps, one last ques., is DJT 's face on rocky balboa gonna push crazy libbnutty over the edge??

Last edited: